Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SC finally going back together

SC finally going back together

Took the day off to get as much done as possible. Cam is in and the heads all torqued down. Got the exhaust hook up. While I had the radiator out I polished the top to get it back to looking good. Gotta read up on the cam sensor and setting the rockers. I am using the stock rockers & push rods. Any techinacal help is always appriciated. Doing the work by myself and it is the first cam install I have done
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If I remember correctly, depending on the grind you may have to use slightly longer push rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo94SC View Post
    If I remember correctly, depending on the grind you may have to use slightly longer push rods.
    Cam is a mild grind and can use stock pushrods and rockers according to Dave Dalke. More concerened with making sure cam sensor is set correct and rockers are also.

Ken

Did you get everything all buttoned up? Or still have a few loose ends to take care of?

Fired it up yet? I'm interested in hearing it now compared to before

-Melon

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Did you get everything all buttoned up? Or still have a few loose ends to take care of?

Fired it up yet? I'm interested in hearing it now compared to before

-Melon
    Mothers day kind of slow me down. Wife said No way was I working on the car on her day . Got a lot done Sat. I still have to align the cam sensor. Front accessory brackets, lower intake & supercharger. I plan on working on it tonight and will be getting close after today, to fire it up. I dont want to wait till just before the tune to get it running, in case I have a few problems to work out. I guess I dont really expect it to sound a lot diffrent except maybe at wide open throttle

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Took the day off to get as much done as possible. Cam is in and the heads all torqued down. Got the exhaust hook up. While I had the radiator out I polished the top to get it back to looking good. Gotta read up on the cam sensor and setting the rockers. I am using the stock rockers & push rods. Any techinacal help is always appriciated. Doing the work by myself and it is the first cam install I have done
    When you tighten the rockers down, make sure sure that particular valve is in its closed position so your torque specs arn't skewed by spring pressure.
    Me-89 SC 5-speed 1.7 Autorotor twin screw over 443rwhp 20psi
    Her-95 SC auto 1.7 KB 400rwhp 17psi
    my email

Quote Originally Posted by mywhite89 View Post
    When you tighten the rockers down, make sure sure that particular valve is in its closed position so your torque specs arn't skewed by spring pressure.
    I readed up on the threads on rocker adjustment and setting the cam sensor. So I will be sure to check torque with the valve shut. I have less than a week untill my tune appointment so I have to have it running and all the bugs worked out before than

Ken

I readed up on the threads on rocker adjustment and setting the cam sensor. So I will be sure to check torque with the valve shut. I have less than a week untill my tune appointment so I have to have it running and all the bugs worked out before than

Ken
    Where are you getting your tune done?
    Me-89 SC 5-speed 1.7 Autorotor twin screw over 443rwhp 20psi
    Her-95 SC auto 1.7 KB 400rwhp 17psi
    my email

Quote Originally Posted by mywhite89 View Post
    Where are you getting your tune done?
    The dyno is in Lincoln NE. Dave Dalke tuned my car the first two times on this dyno. The owner of the dyno is a SCT dealer so he has all he needs to tune burn a new tune on my chip. There are several dynos here in Omaha that I could go to but I wanted to continue tuning on the same Dyno so I can get an accurate comparsion. There might be a diffrence in the guy doing the tune but the dyno is the same so I can compare apples to apples mechanical wise.

Ken

Is that a little bit of dirt I see?

Good luck. Cant wait till the week ends to see the results.
    What do you guestimate the HP increase will be from the heads and cam combo alone?
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    Is that a little bit of dirt I see?
    Engine was'nt that beautiful under all the bling. Took me hours to clean the grease and grime off the front of the block and the fire wall needed some cleaning as well. Its is much cleaner now. You have such a sharp eye Tom

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    Good luck. Cant wait till the week ends to see the results.
    What do you guestimate the HP increase will be from the heads and cam combo alone?
    I dont know for sure what the HP increase will be for just the cam and heads. I was hopeing for 300 RWHP or better with the stock heads and cam at 19 to 20 lbs of boost from the big blower. I beleive the removal of the last restrictions to air flow will make for dramatic increases of torque and HP. A lot of mods I made to the engine prior to these heads and cam should start to kick in. I enlarged the lower intake inlet and plenum and install big 21/2" mandrel down tubes. All those mods netted me nothing for increase in power. In fact Dave Dalke at the last tune he did, said the exhaust was to big for the stock block and probably not helping any performace. With the new blower pushing out 7 extra LBS of boost, big valved heads and a better breathing cam, Daves new valve springs and 60lb injectors, I am thinking that 350RWHP is a good estimate for the tune. Anything over that would be iceing on the cake. 350 RWHP will make for 112 RWHP over the last tune Dave did. I dont think that is over estimating and should make for a fun ride.

Ken

Engine was'nt that beautiful under all the bling. Took me hours to clean the grease and grime off the front of the block and the fire wall needed some cleaning as well. Its is much cleaner now. You have such a sharp eye Tom

Ken
    It is all about the details.

Cant wait to hear the results!
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.