Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: SC finally going back together

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee View Post
    I am almost postive any member here would steal it for their ride

Chris
    But only a few of us know where his shop is And even fewer have a truck to put it in

-Melon

Also - when you get ready to put the motor in - give me a hollar Ken if you want an extra set of hands. I'll come give ya a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    But only a few of us know where his shop is And even fewer have a truck to put it in

-Melon

Also - when you get ready to put the motor in - give me a hollar Ken if you want an extra set of hands. I'll come give ya a hand.
    Yeh I had you in mind Andy when I go to put the motor back in.

It Runs

Started up the car late last night. Had one of those days from hell where nothing went right during the day. Finished installing the IC tubes and got in the car to fire it up. Sat there for a while, wondering if it would blow up, run crappy or just not start. Turned the key started right up, idled smoothly, no problems so far. Didnt have time to drive it as I would have had to move some other vehicles to get it out. Besides the engine compartment is dirty and I cant take it out like that. Will schedule a dyno time today and try it all again

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Besides the engine compartment is dirty and I cant take it out like that. Ken
    You know Ken, I hope you are going to the Shoot Out, because there must be a lot of people out there like me who are waiting to see what you've accomplished here. I know I can't wait.

Besides, anyone who won't take the car around the corner for a quick test because the engine compartment is dirty is okay in my book and someone I just have to meet!

Ira

Let me know when the next dyno is, and I'll try to make it again.

I get off work at 7:30A every day if you ever need a quick set of hands with anything.

Started up the car late last night. Had one of those days from hell where nothing went right during the day. Finished installing the IC tubes and got in the car to fire it up. Sat there for a while, wondering if it would blow up, run crappy or just not start. Turned the key started right up, idled smoothly, no problems so far. Didnt have time to drive it as I would have had to move some other vehicles to get it out. Besides the engine compartment is dirty and I cant take it out like that. Will schedule a dyno time today and try it all again

Ken
    Ken,

Good luck with the car and take it easy until it's tuned. Hope you can make the Shootout...really want to meet you and see the car up close.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Ken,

Good luck with the car and take it easy until it's tuned. Hope you can make the Shootout...really want to meet you and see the car up close.

David
    I have planned to trailer the car to the shootout, the only problem is I want to take someone with me who can share driving duties. Im ready for a nap after 4 hours of driving. I dont plan to go into wot untill its been tuned. Right now I am a little leary about breaking down untill Im tuned and have some miles under its belt. Also now when someone asks me how much oil pressure I have I have an answer.

Also now when someone asks me how much oil pressure I have I have an answer.
    How'd the oil pressure gauge install go? Did you end up going with braided stainless hose?
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    How'd the oil pressure gauge install go? Did you end up going with braided stainless hose?
    No I didnt go with SS. I decided that since you cant really see the hose I decided to go with a high pressure, high temperature hose with -4AN fittings. I installed a bulkhead fitting and than went to a small plastic hose to the gauge. I got a instrument cluster yesterday and new 21/16" white face gauges. I have already tore into the cluster and am working on how to mount my new gauges into the cluster. Ill post in a new thread my progress on that. The new gauges I have, at this time are autometer 0-30lb for the boost and a oil pressure gauge. I am hopeing for a real nice custom look when it is done

Rock on that you got it running! I was starting to wonder last night.

I'll give you a call tomorrow when I cruise through town and see if your down buttoning things up.. but don't break I won't have my trailer.

-Melon

So I was sitting here thinking Ken... before you get into driving it - check the trans fluid. Remember that puddle behind the car when it was jacked up? Did we decide it was trans fluid?

Just something to check before you drive it - don't want you to fry your trans... yet

-Melon

Good luck Ken!....Cant wait
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    So I was sitting here thinking Ken... before you get into driving it - check the trans fluid. Remember that puddle behind the car when it was jacked up? Did we decide it was trans fluid?

Just something to check before you drive it - don't want you to fry your trans... yet

-Melon
    Forgot about that, I will pick up a qt before I take it for a spin.

Thanks Damon, Need all the luck I can get

Ken

Survey says????????

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee View Post
    Survey says????????

Chris
    Honestly I havent driven it yet. The fresh air intake is stainless steel and has always been dull looking. I took it off and sent it to the platers to have it polished and they havent given it back to me. I was hopeing for a one day turn around on it and it didnt work out that way. Soon as I have it I will take it for a spin. Im not going to even put the hood on it. I want to drive it that bad

Ken