SC finally going back together

Ken,

Keep your expectations low and you'll never be dissapointed.

David

PS: I don't think your going to have any problem making 350 rwhp.

Last edited:

Your list of Mods are so close to mine and we both been looking to crack that 300 rwhp barrier. The cam and heads gotta be redone. All those magic HP formulas the venders are throwing out there wont do it with out the cam & heads. Get er done Tom and maybe will be match on the starting line at the shootout. Then it will come down to luck, but dont forget your ring:D

Ken

I really hope everything goes well, No broken stuff this time, no excuses to get full potential. I am hoping you see 400rwhp. If you do that means Ill be right up there with you if not a little further.

I really hope everything goes well, No broken stuff this time, no excuses to get full potential. I am hoping you see 400rwhp. If you do that means Ill be right up there with you if not a little further.

I like your estimate. I should start a thread in the polls forum as to what everyone predicts it will pull, heck I should sell raffle tickets:D I have one estimate as low as 308 RWHP and as high as 400. But your right the main thing is nothing breaks cuz I want to drive my car some instead of seeing it sit

Ken

seems to me the m112 should out perform the mpx it flows more air needs less overdrive to supply it so cooler air charge,

Id like to see a wildly ported m112 with 25% overdrive .and a iced water to air ic on a inverted manifold oops im working on one . thats why this is of such interest to me . ill watch KenWagner's work and I will be able to get basic setup needs aka fuel timing, cam selection, as my m112 will be slow in coming,

its neat to have a working prototype to draw info from, and this setup is opening up the barriers ive seen some m112 pontiacs and the things kick butt,

i think 350 hp is just the starting point. my prediction is base run of 340+hp
then some tuning and 355+ hp more time more tuning 400 hp is not out of the question.
ive seen it done with other makes and a m112.

ive sold my m112 and am looking for one or maybe just convert one of the new eaton twin screws.

but back to your setup its awesome your work is "wow" you amaze me with this its a work of art. looks so good I done even care if it makes power which it will.

Didnt get it running last night. Just to many little things to put back together. All that is left tonight is to install the blower, a few belts, the radiator fan, vacuum hoses and throttle bracket. Charged up the battery, turned on the key to check the fuel rail for leaks before I left it last night. Tonight I hope to hear it running. Thanks for the compliments Manny

Ken

When is the appointment for the dyno?

Got the engine fired up last night at 9:00. Ran smooth and not hint of problems. Only ran it for a couple of minutes. I am going to change the oil a couple of times to be sure it is totall clean inside. Engine is dirty and needs to cleaned up. I didnt install the radiator fan yet but will do it Sat morning. Last two nights felt like this car didnt want to go together, guess thats why you gota love these beasts to work on them. Dyno is scheduled for Sunday AT 6pm. probaby will be a late night coming home. Sat will take it for a spin.

Ken

No good news today. 8 hours of tuning and the car made less HP with the bigger blower, cam heads and injectors:mad: . No answers and no solutions, so I have a good looking car that cant make HP and no one can tell me why. I have had 2 hours sleep and Im ready to destroy the first guy who looks cross eyed at me. Problems seem to be tune related, I dont have an answer to that problem either. I have no more time to work on it as I leave for vacation in a few days. For now it goes into storage

Ken

Last edited:
No good news today. 8 hours of tuning and the car made less HP than with the bigger blower, cam heads and injectors:mad: . No answers and no solutions, so I have a good looking car that cant make HP and no one can tell me why. I have had 2 hours sleep and Im ready to destroy the first guy who looks cross eyed at me. Problems seem to be tune related, I dont have an answer to that problem either. I have no more time to work on it as I leave for vacation in a few days. For now it goes into storage

Ken

So what were the problems in tuning the car, detonation? What blower are you running on this car now?

Boost leak?
Cam not holding boost ?
What was the timing set at it?
AFR?

Sounds like those guys did not know what they were doing...

I think you should let Dalke get a hold of the tune...

The air fuel ratio is not consistant. When adding timing the knock sensor pulls it back out so it is detecting denotation. The blower is a Jag M112. The heads are ported big valve heads with bee hive springs, 60lb injectors and a mild cam from competition cams. Car idles great and makes about 6 HP less than the M90, 42 lb injectors, stock heads, stock cam. It is a tuning issue as the car should make a easy 100 HP more but doesnt come through. There are no vacuum leaks as I pressure tested the intake to 20 lbs of pressure prior to the tune. The car generated 19.5 lbs of boost at the last tune when head gaskets let loose. Car now generates about 15.5 of boost. Blower has a 3.1 pulley with a stock jack shaft. I should have kept my 5% alum jackshaft pulley but regardless car struggled all night to generate low 200 RWHP numbers. Last run was 233.5 RWHP and 330.1 RWTQ. At last tune with Dave Dalke it ran 239 RWHP and 356RWTQ. Very disappointed to say the least

Ken

The air fuel ratio is not consistant. When adding timing the knock sensor pulls it back out so it is detecting denotation. The blower is a Jag M112. The heads are ported big valve heads with bee hive springs, 60lb injectors and a mild cam from competition cams. Car idles great and makes about 6 HP less than the M90, 42 lb injectors, stock heads, stock cam. It is a tuning issue as the car should make a easy 100 HP more but doesnt come through. There are no vacuum leaks as I pressure tested the intake to 20 lbs of pressure prior to the tune. The car generated 19.5 lbs of boost at the last tune when head gaskets let loose. Car now generates about 15.5 of boost. Blower has a 3.1 pulley with a stock jack shaft. I should have kept my 5% alum jackshaft pulley but regardless car struggled all night to generate low 200 RWHP numbers. Last run was 233.5 RWHP and 330.1 RWTQ. At last tune with Dave Dalke it ran 239 RWHP and 356RWTQ. Very disappointed to say the least

Ken
Air fuel huh? Is that the C&L 76mm MAF listed on your member page?

Ira

You came down alot on the boost since the last run. Which could mean the
heads are flowing like crazy or the cam is not a good profile and overlaps too much and lets boost out.

But before thinking its the cam. Start to over drive the blower and get that thing back up to 20psi.

More ideas. Not sure if you want them now or after vacation. But I am just trying to help.

I had a similar issure with knock on mine when I was "Bolt on only", when I was around 273rwhp. I had a ECC Tuner in the car. Brian Heron tried to tune the car and could not explain what was going on it would knock like crazy. He suggested to to toss the Tuner, and get a Diablo chip, After that I went with a SCT. Dave tuned it and had no problems with the SCT chip.
I believe either the ECC tuner was busted or there was a bad connection.
So check that the chip is working well and clean the connections on it.

Back