new here not really an SC

boooster

hey new here first post on sccoa i dont have a SC...i have a 95coug but it does have sc effects lol. Im just finishing up my remote turbo setup on the 281. :)

Last edited:
cougarrr.jpg

sup david im not totally new im twin turbo 281 on tccoa i changed to remote mount due to cost, time, and so on.
here was the setup i was building
DSC01759.jpg

but since my daily ride gave up on me i put my car back together but not before building a remote mount exhaust
turboehaust.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

got some cheap 30# injectors that will do for now car runs great with no tune
DSC02063.jpg

just got my pump today

i drive it everyday still NA thou just tossed in #30 injectors too and its running fine its not tuned and because of the cams injectors and all the other bolt ons its not responsive at wot but at part throttle its all good. i built a temporay magnaflow exhaust that bolts up to the turbo flanges. I just got the pump yesterday and this weekend im going to buy more oil lines and a few fittings to get the oil system in place. Then i still need 50-60 mm wastegate, T3 downpipe flanges, silicone hose to build the cold side, wideban tuner, fuel pump, and a few small things here and there.

here is the 3" cold side routing...ill work on that this weekend too
DSC01975.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

and no im not using that rubber tube lol im going to have 1' of strait pipe before and after the MAF to reduce turbulance and later ill be switching to MS

Last edited:
tell me if im wrong but are the turbos in the rear under the car .. looks as if its were the fuel tank would sit.. :confused: :confused:

i was actully wondering the same thing

are they going to be in the way

how will they be cooled down is there room for air to flow by them?

Two more words...Read up:D Put your hand over your exhaust pipe opening and see how fast it heats up. I bet you cant keep your hand there two seconds. As far as the distance from the turbo to the engine...think about how long our IC tubing is. Just like the SC, there is still air flowing through it.

Chris

Two more words...Read up:D Put your hand over your exhaust pipe opening and see how fast it heats up. I bet you cant keep your hand there two seconds. As far as the distance from the turbo to the engine...think about how long our IC tubing is. Just like the SC, there is still air flowing through it.

Chris

There may be air flowing through it, but think of a long fire hose. When you crack the tap open, it doesn't instantly shoot out the other end. When he mashes the gas, those puppies will
1. take a longer to spin up than if they were mounted next to the headers
2. will take longer to compress that huge system up to PSI.

This would be acceptable for a strip car, where you could pre-spool your turbos and then run with it mashed to the floor the whole time (never letting boost drop assuming you have an auto).

If this is around town car, prepare for some serious lag.

Dont get me wrong, its a nifty idea. I could picture removing the rear seats, building some functional side ducts and channeling the air through dual rear mounted ICs. But I do think that the volume of the system you are looking to pressurize will have a negative impact in throttle response.

the fuel tanks no longer under the car fuel cell coming soon. The turbos stay 600-700º cooler in remote setups=less underhood heat, less heat backing up into the heads, and less oil coking of the bearings. The intake piping alone acts as an intercooler at the boost level ill see for now. The volume will be the same as a traditional mount with a FMIC. Intake piping isnt the issue its the exhaust, as gases cool down they slow down(loss velocity=less turbine speed0 however these turbos have small exhaust housings which will help spool them quick enough. A guy over at turbomustangs ran these turbos on a stock 5spd 302 SN95 in the same spot under the rear seat and had sucess with them. First time on the dyno the wastegates didnt open and once the tuner caught the problem the car made 500+rwhp. That is out of these turbos efficiency range but shows that theyll work. Also if they lag ehh ill still be gaining upper rpm power thats now being ran by exhaust gases that were just being wasted. Oh and ive only spent a few hundred so far.

No way it will slow as much as you think it will. I bet that the three extra feet of piping would not equate to a half second (1320 time) of ones that are mounted at the front. Look at sir Williams car. It has the STS system on it. I have no idea how fast it is, but a well matched turbo will not have a probelm. Though the temps ARE lower, remember the volume of air is constant through the exuaust no matter where the turbo is in the system.

Chris

DSC02433.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

pasengersidepipe.jpg
]
driversidepipe.jpg

just some of my recent progress. and yes i know the passenger side bend is very sharp im not changing that unless it becomes and issue. It woulnty be that big of a fix if need be.

im in the process of changing the turbo position and im fabricating a stand alone oiling system, wastegates and fuel cell will be on the way soon...
rear.jpg

turbopeep.jpg

turbotrunk.jpg

and i have a lot of shhet metal to close off the trunk areas and former tub where the fuel cell will be mounted too.
tubbed.jpg

Back