Computer EEC number, trying to buy aftermarket help!

gotboostsc

SCCoA Member
Im trying to buy a new computer for my car and everywhere I go they can never match the number that i have. I have a aftermarket computer in it now but its bad and Im just trying to get a new one. Im not really sure if the computer in it now is even right or not. My car is a 1990 SC manuel. here are my numbers that I have: "E9AF 14A624 AA" It is also has "A0H0"
These numbers are also on it. "FOPF 12A650 ALA' If anyone knows which numbers I need or should have please help me. Also when I go to someplace like autozone, when they do a search for my car they come up with numbers beginning with E9SF and no E9AF at all.. So I really dont know..

I'd check with some of the guys on here parting out cars in the forsale section you might be able to pick up a good comp. cheap.

Jay

I know I need that to get like a chip or something like that but is that all I need to call say autozone and get a computer?

F0PF 12A650 ALA is your I.D. number, that has been changed once with an updated Ford computer. Anything with "P" as the third digit in the prefix is not a production part. The original number would have been F0SF 12A650 LA or LB.

If you have access to the members section, there is a chart I complied on these:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46067

The 12A624 number is for the connector portion only, all of the EEC-IV computers have that number stamped on the connector.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I think i found the right computer. autozone matched that number for my car, FOSF 12A650 LA, so i guess thats right. Thanks!

Members area

F0PF 12A650 ALA is your I.D. number, that has been changed once with an updated Ford computer. Anything with "P" as the third digit in the prefix is not a production part. The original number would have been F0SF 12A650 LA or LB.

If you have access to the members section, there is a chart I complied on these:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46067

The 12A624 number is for the connector portion only, all of the EEC-IV computers have that number stamped on the connector.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm just a registered user, how would I be able to access the members area to look at this chart? Thanks

Back