Am I ready to UP my boost?

fastsc92

As of now for exhaust I have from the stock manifolds and downtubes, 2 1/4" pipe into a Flowmaster resonator, into 2 1/2" pipe, into Dynomax Super Turbos. I also have a CAI. Am I ready for an OD pulley? If so, what size. I was thinking a 5% from ESM. Its suposed to be 60% lighter than stock. I want to play it safe and go for the 5%. If I could, I'd like to get the 10%, but I'm not sure if the motor is ready yet. Since I've been working on the exhaust, it seems that I lost a lot of low end, and I'd like to gain it back. Should getting the pulley solve this problem? Thanks for your help once again guys.

I'd say go for it. You didn't mention cats, so I will assume you had them removed. The ESM pulley is lighter than stock which means less centrifugal weight (I think) which then means when it spins not much force is exerted on the bearings. If your blower is in good conditions (ie has had the fluid replaced regularly and does not have that many miles on it) it is safe to go for it. More boost doesnt necessarily mean more power, but more boost quicker and more boost when your engine needs it does add a little more.

Al

I still have the cats on there and I'm debating whether to take them out or not. The main reason i want the pulley, is just to get back my low end, or some of it anyways. I'm not looking for major horses, just some more head snapping, when the pedal goes to the floor.

Well your a lot safer off then when you were stock, but lets face it, adding a pulley is always going to be a risky mod. That said though, the more you free up the exhaust, the better your chances of not blowing your headgaskets are. I say strap on that 5%

Hell, I was running with a 10% and 3/4" raised top on my stock exhaust for awhile, and I still haven't blown my headgaskets

my gaskets have already been replaced about two years ago, so i dont think i'm as prone to blowing them.

Back