Just got a super coupe!

tim-g

Well i just bought a 89 sc today for 300$ needs a clutch paint and interior needs a good scrubbing. I got a few problems if anybody can help me out with, the car wont start when i turn the key, i have been jumping the solenoid:( to start it. Supercharger makes a noise when idleing are they suppose to do that?:eek:

I'd try to change the soleinoid for the starting issue.The noise could be a few things some of it might be blower noise it also commom for the tensioner pulleys to make some noise on a car with some miles.Oh congrats on the new ride they are a blast.If you have questions it's always good to use the search function it the tech forum if you can't find what you're looking for then start a new thread.

Jay

I'd try to change the soleinoid for the starting issue.The noise could be a few things some of it might be blower noise it also commom for the tensioner pulleys to make some noise on a car with some miles.Oh congrats on the new ride they are a blast.If you have questions it's always good to use the search function it the tech forum if you can't find what you're looking for then start a new thread.

Jay

I'm pretty sure its just a little blower noise but dont they usually make noise at idle? I have wanted one for awhile my dad has a 92 sc auto that i made him get for himself and i have a 96 lx v-8 also that i have been waiting to put a engine in i just always wanted a sc with a stick and i finally got it!:D

The clutch is out on the car what kind of clutch should i go with? I dont want to go el cheapo on the advanced auto special.:confused:

timscar012.jpg

nice hot rod:) Mine might be up and running this weekend. If you make that look as good as 350 extremes ride I will be impressed. as far a idle blower noise it should blend with the motor if it is making a growling noise then you have a bad snout bearing. be sure to check the super charger oil level.

nice hot rod:) Mine might be up and running this weekend. If you make that look as good as 350 extremes ride I will be impressed. as far a idle blower noise it should blend with the motor if it is making a growling noise then you have a bad snout bearing. be sure to check the super charger oil level.

The car will look good i'm thinking i might paint it black but idk yet. It is a growling noise but seems to go away when i give it gas:confused: fluid level is plum full. What year is your sc?

lol@u. You shoulda bought my 89 SC, I woulda let you have it for the same and at least it looked a lot straighter then that one:p

lol@u. You shoulda bought my 89 SC, I woulda let you have it for the same and at least it looked a lot straighter then that one:p

Trust me this ones straighter then yours and it has a engine and tranny:p Do you still got that sc?

Trust me this ones straighter then yours and it has a engine and tranny:p Do you still got that sc?

Yes I do. I also did tell you I had the parts to replace most everything that was damaged. I also still have the tranny for it.

Yes I do. I also did tell you I had the parts to replace most everything that was damaged. I also still have the tranny for it.

Well this one doesnt have any holes in it just got surface rust on the hood and fenders cuz the guy sanded it down and left it:confused: I was wondering do you have a radiator for a sc and all the interior:)

Well this one doesnt have any holes in it just got surface rust on the hood and fenders cuz the guy sanded it down and left it:confused: I was wondering do you have a radiator for a sc and all the interior:)

I have a full interior and I believe a radiator. Buy both and get the car! What a deal!:D

Back