Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quik LS - 2001 Lincoln LS 32v V8 + adder from a SC

just by adding coated rotors to your supercharger would give you at least another pound of boost. You have this done yet?

I know by upgrading to a MPII or better, you can spin the blower faster. For instance, and MPII shows great efficiency at 15% OD on an SC. The question you should be asking is, what rpm's are that? Being that you have a larger engine then a 3.8, increasing overdrive at the same rate as a supercoupe will not net you as much gained boost as an SC. Not that this is a bad thing at all. If anything this is good, because more boost always equals more heat.

Either way, an MPII with coated rotors in its most efficient state, in your car should give you at least 40rwhp and look nearly identical to your current setup. This applies as long as there is no bottleneck throughout your engine that is highly limiting power at this time.
    Last edited by mywhite89; 02-21-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Me-89 SC 5-speed 1.7 Autorotor twin screw over 443rwhp 20psi
    Her-95 SC auto 1.7 KB 400rwhp 17psi
    my email

Holy $#!+

That has to be one of the nicest LS cars ever! Nice job!

I remembering following this car before I got the Supercoupe. Guy had a black LS...nice cars, smooth rides, nice interiors, etc.

What have you done to the internals, like the crank and rods? Forged?

Even though for us the gen3 blowers and the MP blowers are nice upgrades because we can spin those things up and we normally sit at 13psi stock, you need to know if your motor can handle that kind of stress so to speak.

I would hate to see you blow that sweet ride because you tried to run a blower that could output alot more.

Nice car, all the more reason I want one ... and I have a spare SC motor... I wonder........

Sweet car, also the perfect answer to the likes of HEMI charger/Chrys300, & GPX
    Very ice job!

Jeez you did all that and put all that money into this and your running an early style stock blower!?!??!? Get a better blower

If your math is correct according to your MAP sensor, then you are pretty close. What it the compression ratio of those engines? Since it is only a 3.9, the PSI will be easy to achieve so far as the car is the same boost, BUT....Remember that boost is a relationship of pressure and restriction. You could also loose a bit of boost depending on your exhaust setup. Though you would gain power all the way through, your boost would be lower with no additional changes. Now, add a larger pully and gain even more power.

Chris

P.S. LEARN TO WELD...

the sotck motor runs 10.55:1 compression. I am still running all stock internals... so that is my weakpoint....

we are hoping to make a 'kit' of it - so staying with stock internals is a must. However after the year of work - it's likely more work than most LS owners are willing to undertake.

You posted these as your driveline mods (few more that I don't believe were necessary for the post)
    Driveline:
    • Prototype Supercharger from Boosthead.com. Eaton M90 Supercharger, customer manifold, belt routing, cooling system re-work, …etc
    • XO2 Intercooler (7”x27”3.5”) with hand-made 3" tube routing
    • Mustang GT 2005 fuel injectors
    • Magnum Powers 85mm Throttle Body
    • SCT (Super Custom Tuners) XCalibrator PCM tuning - Custom shift points / Shift firmness
    • SCT (Super Custom Tuners) LiveWire - with integrated LC1 Wideband and MAP external inputs
    • Built-in Innovate MotorSports LC-1 Lambda wide-band O2 Sensor
    • AutoEnginuity OBD II Scan Tool interactive tuning software
    • Granatelli Cold-Air Tuned MAF
    • LLSOC custom intake induction

With just that, would the kit not only be a couple grand?

Oh, your shifter(s). What is in the console? Does it still have a regular gear shifter? What do the paddle shifters do if the regular shifter is still functional? Why not get rid of the console shifter (I assume it changes from P, R, and D and the paddle shifters go 1-3?) and put something else in its place?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee View Post

Oh, your shifter(s). What is in the console? Does it still have a regular gear shifter? What do the paddle shifters do if the regular shifter is still functional? Why not get rid of the console shifter (I assume it changes from P, R, and D and the paddle shifters go 1-3?) and put something else in its place?

Chris
    There's two shifting modes on the LS. Automatic, which is exactly like ours, and then you can slide it over and manually shift using the short throw type function bs.

The paddle shifters just replace that, so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel.

ur dedicated ford guy

And the car looks well everyone has said.. for the money and work I might have just bought the saleen mustang . Hats off I m just jealous I guess .