M112 Hybrid Group Buy Interest.

Quote From the person responsible for tuning. If its not ok for me to post your quote please let me know I will take it down and leave just #s. I just did not want to reiterate what you have said.

"Here are the results.

360rwhp @ 5000rpm

445rwtq @ 3400rpm

On a Mustang Dyno with crap air (93% humidity). On a cool, dry day on a
dyno jet it probably would have done 380rwhp with no problem. Maybe a tad
more.

Boost is still falling off about 1psi above 4500rpm, peak is 21.5psi @ about

3500. It doesn't look like belt slip but I'm not sure.

Air temps are pretty high which is causing it to pull timing. I think that
with alcohol injection 400rwhp might be possible and practical to maintain.

Keep in mind also that the motor is new and not really broken in yet. You
might be able to add another 10rwhp after break in.

Car runs great, so I thought maybe this would be some good news for you."

Quote, after me asking if a little overdrive would help"

"The blower makes peak boost at 3500rpm and falls off after that. This means
that the motor is already over running the blower unless it's belt slip
which I have been unable to verify. In either case the blower is making over
20psi throughout the range which is about max for pump gas and no additives.
Adding more OD is going to make more boost down low and may or may not
improve things on the top end. You are already making a very high torque
number which puts cylinder pressure at those rpms at a dangerous level. "

"
The weather is also a big factor right now. It's raining which means
90-100% humidity and is expected to continue as such for most of the week.
Add that to the fact that this was a Mustang Dyno and running a car with
3.08 gears in 4th gear puts a lot of heat and load on the motor. "

The M112 seems to make about the same power as the MPx at the same boost
levels. If it is capable of more power it will be only through more OD and
boost which will mean a 10% crank pulley and race fuel or alcohol. "

This blower definitely comes on quicker than the MPx. It makes boost at a
very low rpm giving instant response whereas the MPx you have to wait for
just a little.

You will have to take the car and break in the motor. Then when weather
improves and you have a chance to put it on a Dyno Jet I think the numbers
will improve significantly. To achieve this power level through cats and a
nice exhaust system given the conditions is very commendable."

Thats the story with my car. If the tuner chooses to add to this by all means you are welcomed. I took on this project to try to help myself but also to pave another road to achieving HP on our cars. Opinions are welcomed. I hope to have my car soon, it should be a very mean street car which is my intended use. I would have loved a little more but maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe at the shootout I can have a better understanding of how the car performs against others.

Last edited:
Cam is
218 Dur and .057 lift.
Stigermier Heads
And Built bottom end Stock compression.
Manifold and return is enlarged.
OD is 15%
All of the other mods are in my signature.

Last edited:
Cam is
218 Dur and .057 lift.
Stigermier Heads
And Built bottom end Stock compression.
Manifold and return is enlarged.
OD is 15%
All of the other mods are in my signature.

Those are great numbers Ricardo! Did I read the mod list correctly, this is with nitrous??

Ira

I was womderimg what the enlarged return plenum and lower were going on

cool i did a m112 spacer but it was a waste on the early model m90 i did it on .

good to see someone is making a kit of it . price sounds right on maybe a bit low but great price did you open up vee towaRDS THE spacer? to get better air flow ?

anywho looking good nice job

So all that is used is from the 112 is the rotors and the front snout (after it's modified) then with the spacer it bolts into whatever m90 blower housing you currently have.Or am I missing something.

Jay

I was womderimg what the enlarged return plenum and lower were going on

cool i did a m112 spacer but it was a waste on the early model m90 i did it on .

good to see someone is making a kit of it . price sounds right on maybe a bit low but great price did you open up vee towaRDS THE spacer? to get better air flow ?

anywho looking good nice job

The V is not there it matches the MPIII where its also deleted.

So all that is used is from the 112 is the rotors and the front snout (after it's modified) then with the spacer it bolts into whatever m90 blower housing you currently have.Or am I missing something.

Jay

I used the rotors out of a lightning for MY set up.

Wade, if enough interest is generated will enlarge the M90 Rotors to the size of M112 rotors. Dont have to worry about getting an M112 supercharger or anything from it. Unless you have some laying around and persist on using them.
The snout is from a stock M90 shortened, and the spacer is added. The manifold is enlarged at the Tstat housing/ SC bolt boss, to accomodate the larger housing.

Ok now how is he going to go about lenghtening the stock m90 rotors is what I want to know..

And what would final pricing be with extended rotors?

Seriouisly...Extend rotors??

Last edited:
Not sure on the exact details, or process. But he would add a new piece to the ends or end of the M90 rotors. Epoxy the mating surfaces and screw them together. Picture cutting up a rotor into smaller pieces like bread and using the cut up piece to add lenght to the M90. Then balanced.
There has not been too much interest to present Wade with a group buy that will take him away from his mainstream work of rebuilding blowers. So please voice your interest.

I am working on getting miller to go m112. He wants to shell out for an mpx however he already has an sport and MP inlet..So Im thinking a m112/m90s hybrid should outperform the mpx which is what he wants. If he can get 21 psi hell be doing real good power wise

ricardoa1 and DamonSlowpokeBaumann,

Not to Hijack your thread or anything, but you may want to extend this application to AED owners on the TCCOA as well. I know there are many on there that are looking for more power without shelling out the extra 2K for the A/R race kit. I myself have been wanting to do this to my AED supercharged 4.6.

It would probably be less work due to the lower intake manifold is not in the way like it is on an SC.

Just my .02

Thanks
Andy

I didnt even think of that for my AED car..Hmmmmmmm..Yad still have to do something about that peeshooter inlet it comes with though

That might be a good idea, but I am not familiar with the kit. I know Damon has one. But Wade nor I have this kit to mock up. Should be no problem but not sure if its doable in terms of clearence.

Well Rico....If Wade wants to work a lil something out with me I;d gladly let him borrow my AED kit to mock up. It's currently off my car. Hed just need a 4.6 to use for clearance issues. The blower itself actually sits in the valley pan of the engine. He'd be able to make a few bucks for sure as many of teh AED guys would die for it. Personally noone has reached over 400rwhp with the m90S....My engine as it sits with a vortech made over 600rwhp....With the AED.....Probably not 400 as is with m90.

I think he owes me anyway (he doesnt realize it though) becuse that toasted autorotor he got a few years back...to play with....originally came from me! And I never did get it back:eek:

Back