Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M112 Hybrid Group Buy Interest.

Using MPIII housing
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mannysc View Post
    I was womderimg what the enlarged return plenum and lower were going on

cool i did a m112 spacer but it was a waste on the early model m90 i did it on .

good to see someone is making a kit of it . price sounds right on maybe a bit low but great price did you open up vee towaRDS THE spacer? to get better air flow ?

anywho looking good nice job

The V is not there it matches the MPIII where its also deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by THE BIRDMAN View Post
    So all that is used is from the 112 is the rotors and the front snout (after it's modified) then with the spacer it bolts into whatever m90 blower housing you currently have.Or am I missing something.

Jay
    I used the rotors out of a lightning for MY set up.

Wade, if enough interest is generated will enlarge the M90 Rotors to the size of M112 rotors. Dont have to worry about getting an M112 supercharger or anything from it. Unless you have some laying around and persist on using them.
    The snout is from a stock M90 shortened, and the spacer is added. The manifold is enlarged at the Tstat housing/ SC bolt boss, to accomodate the larger housing.

Ok now how is he going to go about lenghtening the stock m90 rotors is what I want to know..

And what would final pricing be with extended rotors?

Seriouisly...Extend rotors??
    Last edited by XxSlowpokexX; 08-23-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Not sure on the exact details, or process. But he would add a new piece to the ends or end of the M90 rotors. Epoxy the mating surfaces and screw them together. Picture cutting up a rotor into smaller pieces like bread and using the cut up piece to add lenght to the M90. Then balanced.
    There has not been too much interest to present Wade with a group buy that will take him away from his mainstream work of rebuilding blowers. So please voice your interest.

I am working on getting miller to go m112. He wants to shell out for an mpx however he already has an sport and MP inlet..So Im thinking a m112/m90s hybrid should outperform the mpx which is what he wants. If he can get 21 psi hell be doing real good power wise

ricardoa1 and DamonSlowpokeBaumann,

Not to Hijack your thread or anything, but you may want to extend this application to AED owners on the TCCOA as well. I know there are many on there that are looking for more power without shelling out the extra 2K for the A/R race kit. I myself have been wanting to do this to my AED supercharged 4.6.

It would probably be less work due to the lower intake manifold is not in the way like it is on an SC.

Just my .02

Thanks
    Andy

I didnt even think of that for my AED car..Hmmmmmmm..Yad still have to do something about that peeshooter inlet it comes with though

That might be a good idea, but I am not familiar with the kit. I know Damon has one. But Wade nor I have this kit to mock up. Should be no problem but not sure if its doable in terms of clearence.

Well Rico....If Wade wants to work a lil something out with me I;d gladly let him borrow my AED kit to mock up. It's currently off my car. Hed just need a 4.6 to use for clearance issues. The blower itself actually sits in the valley pan of the engine. He'd be able to make a few bucks for sure as many of teh AED guys would die for it. Personally noone has reached over 400rwhp with the m90S....My engine as it sits with a vortech made over 600rwhp....With the AED.....Probably not 400 as is with m90.

I think he owes me anyway (he doesnt realize it though) becuse that toasted autorotor he got a few years back...to play with....originally came from me! And I never did get it back

Damon,

I currently have my AED kit apart too and I see that you live in NYC and I live in central Illinois and it's not to far for me to drop my kit off there for him to mock it up if you would want to do that?

I understand he owes you a favor but being there first hand always helps.

As for my kit I have already ported and polished the inlet on mine to accept a 75mm throttle body and have ported and polished the blower itself.

If that works for you let me know.

Andy

Andy by all means go for it. If you live there. It be much more of a hassle for me to do any of that with shipping and all. My plans for the AED inlet included removing the EGR and completely reworking it to make it much larger. Its a definite bottle neck.

Go for it see what happens and let me know!

Actually I'm ahead of ya on removing the EGR. I removed that back when I was N/A and just need Dalke to tune the car.....after I get it back and running again.

Like I said I'll try and get in touch with him and see what he says. I dont have a whole lot of scratch to throw at something like this but if he wants to mock it up at a discount that would work for me.

I'm pretty well in touch with alot of the STL guys and I know they talk to Wade every now and then.

Actually I want to remove the EGR to widen the inlet. WHat did you use to block off the Header>>>???? I just putmy new motor in yesterday and I need something to plug the header with

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann View Post
    Actually I want to remove the EGR to widen the inlet. WHat did you use to block off the Header>>>???? I just putmy new motor in yesterday and I need something to plug the header with
    Widen the inlet?? Are you wanting to make a custom inlet then?

As for the header I found a stainless plug from the hardware store for my JBA headers and put that in the EGR's place. On the inlet I machined a blockoff plate.