M112 Hybrid Group Buy Interest.

Damon,

I currently have my AED kit apart too and I see that you live in NYC and I live in central Illinois and it's not to far for me to drop my kit off there for him to mock it up if you would want to do that?

I understand he owes you a favor but being there first hand always helps.

As for my kit I have already ported and polished the inlet on mine to accept a 75mm throttle body and have ported and polished the blower itself.

If that works for you let me know.

Andy

Andy by all means go for it. If you live there. It be much more of a hassle for me to do any of that with shipping and all. My plans for the AED inlet included removing the EGR and completely reworking it to make it much larger. Its a definite bottle neck.

Go for it see what happens and let me know!

Actually I'm ahead of ya on removing the EGR. I removed that back when I was N/A and just need Dalke to tune the car.....after I get it back and running again.

Like I said I'll try and get in touch with him and see what he says. I dont have a whole lot of scratch to throw at something like this but if he wants to mock it up at a discount that would work for me.

I'm pretty well in touch with alot of the STL guys and I know they talk to Wade every now and then.

Actually I want to remove the EGR to widen the inlet. WHat did you use to block off the Header>>>???? I just putmy new motor in yesterday and I need something to plug the header with

Actually I want to remove the EGR to widen the inlet. WHat did you use to block off the Header>>>???? I just putmy new motor in yesterday and I need something to plug the header with

Widen the inlet?? Are you wanting to make a custom inlet then?

As for the header I found a stainless plug from the hardware store for my JBA headers and put that in the EGR's place. On the inlet I machined a blockoff plate.

I have the JBA headers as well..Any idea on what the plug was as the headers are in my car now :O)

And yes a custom inlet...That one is sooo small

Couldn't tell ya the size because that was like 2 years ago. If I can get a min I'll try and take a picture and show ya.

really a custom inlet.....what are you doing about the DARN heater core tubes that run out of the pass. head that seems to always get in the way?

P.S. PM me about the EGR and AED stuff..... I think this thread is getting off track and not saying on the m112 rotor upgrade. Which which will be super cool if we can do it!!!:D

would this be able to be run on a stock car, with an opened up exhaust, and bigger intake, maf, tb? at lower boost, i would imagine, like 15-16 psi? would still see pretty big gains, ya? :)

This may be something to be looked into. The GTP guys have had good success with this swap however it doesnt mean its ideal.

Have Wade look into it

M90-2nd port.jpg

Wouldn't that create a huge restriction of the exit? Perhaps the underside could be tapered to help guide the air back out...

I dont think this is an issue if Wade is using extended M90 rotors. The only one that might suffer from what you are saying is my set up with the actual M112 rotors. These could be reasons to my unexplained need for for extra OD. We will have to see what kind of boost #s the real M112 will produce in Kens car with the same OD. But I have a feeling it will be similar to my set up, meaning that this is only a minor issue.

attachment.php

Here is a picture showing the angle you are talking about. Mind you neither one as been ported. To the naked eyes they seem to be almost no difference in angle aside from the larger opening. The only reason for the twist is so that the air is scooped from the rear of the charger and out the top. If this was a normal blower top and bottom openings then there would be no twist. So the opening could be round and air would still make its way out, although not ideal it would work.

Back