Steps to build a Double Intercooler

Ken:

What 12V fan do you recommend for the SC IC?

Ken

I set them up for a perma cool 8" fan. Another member sent me a fan he had and when I measured it I found it had the mounting hole in the exact place as the perma cool. I dont really have a preference, they are just what I have installed on the ICs in the past.

Ken

Ken,
For high speed use (open track), do you recommend a single puller fan or two fans (pusher/puller)?

Ken,
For high speed use (open track), do you recommend a single puller fan or two fans (pusher/puller)?

Maybe some who have done both ways can chime in. I know with a shroud the air is pulled through just like your radiator. I assume there are added benfits to a pusher as well. How much I would just be guessing

Ken

Assessment on plenum air splitter

I know this is an old thread, however since Ken is not in the business of manufacturing DICs currently, I decided to ask my Chemical Engineer son about the air flow question.

I showed my son the pics of Ken's design and this is what he told me:

I have worked on similar problems in oil refinery design. There will be a negligible flow rate and pressure loss between the two intercoolers, the air divider in the top plenum is not required. This is due to the nearly identical flow paths and parallel configuration of the two ICs.

So Ken, Kudos to you. I am going to try and replicate your work. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Whats up guys. Still got my 93 5spd. Good times

Hey, been long time man!!! Remember when you were in NJ and stopped over to get some parts off my white 89 XR7, the rear swaybar and the grill....You were studying for the Bar Exam I think at the time, crazy how we remember certain things!:)

Back