How much?

19TbirdSC91

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have a shop replace my fuel pump in my cougar? I don't really feel like messing with it, let me know what ya think.

I also fear that the exhaust will be too rusted to move outta the way, and was just kind of thinking about hacking off the exhaust right in front of the gas tank, that way we can just drop the tank down and then put it right back up again...bad idea?

well a shop will bill you for atleast 6 hours at 60-80 an hour... plus parts....

it will be alot easier to drop the tank and put on in your self...willt ake you all of a saturday with time to go out and play with it. :)

well a shop will bill you for atleast 6 hours at 60-80 an hour... plus parts....

it will be alot easier to drop the tank and put on in your self...willt ake you all of a saturday with time to go out and play with it. :)

ok then lets do it in your garage so shanes mom doesn't assassinate (sp?) me lol.

I like that idea cause I dont wanna die just yet. Its going to be bad enough having to swap motors in your 35th at my place :eek: :(

Shane

droping the tank wont take to long...how much gas is in it? i did my 88's fuel pump in a hour...start to finish..... if we got it to shanes place we could have it done the same day and you could drive it home...as long as the fuel pump is the only problem...hey and swapping the motor's..if you need a hand with that..let me know.

droping the tank wont take to long...how much gas is in it? i did my 88's fuel pump in a hour...start to finish..... if we got it to shanes place we could have it done the same day and you could drive it home...as long as the fuel pump is the only problem...hey and swapping the motor's..if you need a hand with that..let me know.

I've dropped the tank before on a SC and its not hard. I just need to find some time to do it while my mother is at work. I wish my place on OSU campus had a nice big garage to work on car in so I would not have to get on my mother's nerves.

Shane

I've dropped the tank before on a SC and its not hard. I just need to find some time to do it while my mother is at work. I wish my place on OSU campus had a nice big garage to work on car in so I would not have to get on my mother's nerves.

Shane

So this friday it is then?

it shouldnt take that long, Ford dealership only charged me 5 hours labor to replace my tranny and clutch.

Sean get that thing low on gas. If that old pump still works, disconnect the fuel filter, jump the fuel pump relay that is located in the trunk, turn the ignition key halfway, and let the old pump cycle all the gasoline out of the car to make it easier to drop the tank.

I don't know how much fuel is left in it, how much fuel is left when the check gauge light comes on? Because it came on last night on the way home from work and i drove a good 15 miles after that. So not much at all.

go at it from the top take out the back seat and cut a small hole in the floor change the pump and weld the piece back in place if you really dont want to drop the tank

Back