A New Owner...Again

NY90RedSC

Isn't it funny how history repeats itself? A few years ago I bought a 1990 SC from a froum member here and enjoyed the car for a few years before having to part with it last year due to getting a new car and not having room for it. I knew I'd regret selling the SC even before it went, but I simply had no room for the car. Well, the car went and I was without a Supercoupe and was miserable.
I had even let my membership in the SCCOA lapse simply because I didn't see the need to remain a member without actually owning a SC. I kept checking in on a regular basis though, browsing the forums I still had access to without being an official member. Occasionally I would see a SC listed in the classified section that caught my eye but finances just didn't allow for the purchasing of said car.
Well, this past week my buddy pointed me in the direction of an "old T-Bird", as he put it, that was rotting away in the weeds behind a garage. We hiked through the woods to where we could see the car from a distance and sure enough, there sat a Supercoupe covered in pollen with weeds growing past the windows. My buddy had been wanting a Supercoupe for awhile, ever since I had my red one, but he could never find a decent one for a good price when he had money. I told him to go check this car out and see what was up with the owner. A few days later he called me and told me he had been to look at the car but that he wanted me to go look at it with him because I knew what to look for. We set a time and he picked me up and off we went to scope out the SC. As we walked up to the car, I stopped when i realized the red SC sitting buried in the weeds was my old Supercoupe. My buddy just looked at me and smiled as the owner came out. To make a long story short, I ended up with my old SC back in the family again for just what the guy paid for it from the salvage yard I had brought it to. The car is not in the shape it was when I let it go, but it's not beyond repair either. I am looking forward to workingon it over the winter months to once agin bring it back from it's current condition.
Here are some pics of it after I brought it home the 2nd time..

WoodedSC004.jpg

WoodedSC001.jpg

WoodedSC003.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Back

Glad to hear you picked one up. Do you have it on the road yet?

Thought I'd update this thread and give everyone an update on what the deal is on the car. After striking a deal for the white SC circumstances which we will not divulge here struck this deal dead in it's prime. :mad:
But, as has been said so many times, when one door closes, anothe ropens, and as such, it did, almost immediately after this deal fell through.:D I located another 1990 SC here on the boards and checked into it. The car was located in Long Island and I spent a considerable amount of time talking with the owner. The car is Titanium with a black leather interior and automatic transmission. After being sent a ton of images of the car, we struck a deal and I picked the car up on the 15th of July. I know, that's been awhile ago, but health issues have limited my time online and taking part in extraciricular activities. :eek:
Anyways, the car will be getting a new crank sensor and will hopefully be on the road in the next couple of weeks, time and health permitting. The car is a beautiful SC and I had originally bought the car to let my wife drive for the winter, but the car is in such good condition I just can't bear to have the car driven in the bad weather. Soooo..it looks like I'm walking to work this winter so she can drive my pickup. Oh well, at least the SC won't see bad weather. ;)

CRW_4385_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4382_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4378_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4373_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4361_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4358_RJ-full.jpg

CRW_4347_RJ-full.jpg

Looks great! I hope you and the wife can manage to stay financially sound and still have some of the things that you enjoy.

Back