PROPOSED SCCoA RESTORATION FORUM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, there appears to be an overwhelmingly positive repsonse to this suggestion. However, only a few members have responded. Looks like the only "controversy" is whether the forum should be on the "free" or "pay" side. This detail can be ironed out later.

I'd like to get more response; even from the dissenters; I want feedback from both sides of the aisle. Thanks to those who have commented so far! Keep it coming...

JD

In my opinion this should be on the Member Only "pay side", if your preserving the car why not preserve the club that supported your work. A mere $15 a year is not much for the amount of knowledge you can gain from the forums.

In my opinion this should be on the Member Only "pay side", if your preserving the car why not preserve the club that supported your work. A mere $15 a year is not much for the amount of knowledge you can gain from the forums.

+1 (also as a member I shouldnt have to type 10 letters)

The larger the market, the more resto parts available

I have thought about this before too. If there's enough interest, maybe someone like Dennis Carpenter, or one of the other Ford restoration parts guys will start producing selected parts for us. He makes all manner of rubber, plastic and mechanical parts for different model of Ford cars and trucks. As you guys all know, the resto business is huge, and I a thinking it is just a matter of time before parts for the MN-12 will be available.

I have often wondered what happens to all the dealer stocks when they go obsolete. There ought to be a way to purchase those things and market those also for the resto business. I do know that there's a lot of new old stock (NOS) parts for sale in places like Hemmings Motor News, although I haven't personally checked there for SC parts. Any thoughts?

Don
Prospect TN

Clearly, this is a great idea: This is the main reason I came to this forum in the first place...looking for the 'correct' factory info concerning details about our cars.
Since these cars are currently relegated to typical 'used-car' status by most owners, it seems that there are a lot of people interested in modifying them for better performance.
There isn't a lot of repect yet for the factory effort made to develop these cars in the first place, and with every modification made to another SC, that is just one less 'authentic' classic SC that remains to uphold the legend, if there ever is going to be one.
This car is a relative unknown and underappreciated vehicle, which is the perfect recipe for future collectibilty.
It is always the cars that no one thought would amount to much that turn in the high-priced colector cars...simply becuase most of them end up abused to death.

A restoration forum is the place where the anal retentive guys like me can get and share the info that makes little or no difference to the 'modification' crowd, but all the difference to the real die-hard collectors.

I was a champion of the 71-73 'big-body Mustangs LONG before anyone thought they would ever amount to anything. Consequently, I am fairly well known as an authority on those particular Mustangs now, so I get a lot of mail on them.

The probelm with catering to the 'modification' crowd is that they are not particularly loyal to any one kind of car...they just latch onto whatever is cheap and easy to modify at the time.
Novas, Falcons, Vegas, Pintos, and bunches of others have all suffered terrible fates in the quest for cheap and easy platforms to build upon, sending most of them to the grave before natural attrition would do so.
This restoration forum will help to jump-start the 'preservation' mode deperatly needed for these awesome cars.

I say "Do It!"

Good Idea!

It's a great idea. Maybe we could limit the posting to people's professional "write-ups" and then have posts follow the write-ups keeping them updated and what not. That way, every post would be a clean title of the write-up and not just a bunch of questions asking why my car won't start.
;)

I know alot of auto enthusiasts think the Grand National was the best modern muscle to ever roll out of Detroit, but I can attest from experience that car is nothing but one nightmae after after another. If y'all think a SC is labor and maintenance intense, park one of those black beasts in your garage for awhile. I owned one and that car danged near put me in bankruptcy court in about 6 months and that is no joke. The worst part was the car hadn't been abused or trashed either. I sunk almost $7k in that wonderbucket of bolts in 5month's time and that was just for mechanical issues.
My SC had always been dependable, never left me stranded and the car ran 100%. I am dying to get her back on the road so I can enjoy her again. I will take a SC over a Grand National any day of the week. There's a reason the GN's were painted black. They had nothing but dark clouds haning over them.

i had a grand national and loved it,but i love my sc too.back to the topic i would love to see a restoration area on the board,i would like to start with who has factory floor mats?

One factory floormat hook...

Just kidding. the '93 (in the avatar above) has two original factory floormats with light use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just recently purchased a 91 and think this would be a great idea. I am going to be doing repairs this winter and this would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back