Borla mufflers

91scbird

Borla mufflers

Who here has borla mufflers on their sc? I want to know if they are the best ones to get because i am about to buy them very soon. If not what other type of muffler would sound good? Bassani? Bullet?

Re: Borla mufflers

Borla makes an excellent muffler, all stainless steel and pricey! I do like the Borla sound. I have a true-dual 2.5" stainless exhaust with an X-pipe in place of the resonator. At first, I ran dual 14" long Borla #40653 mufflers. With no resonator the car had a terrible drone at cruising speeds, about 2,500-2,800 RPM. The two 14" Borlas have now been replaced with 19" ones (#40665, about $130 each) to eliminate the droning. You need either a long resonator or mufflers of any kind to stop the drone. I really like my Borlas!

I second George's opinion. I love my Borlas too! :cool:

I have the 40653 mufflers that George replaced for the longer version of the upgraded series. I will do the same upgrade when I get the opportunity. For now, I don't have any real problem with drone, but Georges car has more gear, so his cruising sounds levels may be different.

I also have the short mufflers.. I have no problem with drone though. You ought to hear these things with a nice cam ;)

Chris

That's true. My new cam has changed the nature of the noise, but has not added any drone. I am very happy with the quality and performance overall.

I don't have borla mufflers, but....

I have been seriously thinking of getting some.
One of the main reasons is that Stainless steel doesn't rust, and therefore thinner pipe and metal can be used. This should save on weight.

I might spend the money on this "dual" concept alone and not just the power increase.

Did anyone who has borla and stainless steel exahust system, notices that the mufflers are lighter or not?

Re: I don't have borla mufflers, but....

I just put Borla's system on one of my cars and other than it's a bit loud for a long cruise, I would do it again. Everything was there and it all FIT RIGHT the first time,unlike some of the other systems sold around here. Yes you do pay a bit more,but it should out last the car. In my mind it is worth the $$$ and it does sound good when you go to WOT....Rich....P.S. I do have the small muffs,so maybe get the bigger ones if you want to keep it quiet for those long trips....

Back