Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: NOS/OEM Front UCA's and Stabilizer Links

Not sure if this will help, but I do have the Rotunda tool kit that will properly replace the upper inner bushings and the lower pivot bushing. The only downside is that the upper ball joint is not servicable, the lower ball joint can be pressed in and out along with the lower control arm strut bushing. Just throwing out the idea of rebuilding the originals since you can buy most of the parts serpately.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but I do have the Rotunda tool kit that will properly replace the upper inner bushings and the lower pivot bushing. The only downside is that the upper ball joint is not servicable, the lower ball joint can be pressed in and out along with the lower control arm strut bushing. Just throwing out the idea of rebuilding the originals since you can buy most of the parts serpately.
    My LCA's are fine; I'm looking to replace/rebuild the UCA's. I know the uppers aren't normally rebuildable, but I'm going to investigate doing it anyway. I have machine tools and a microwelder available to me, so I know it can be done if I can find a joint that will fit and look right. It's a long shot, but I'm not afraid of the work, and I'm adamant about it being correct-appearing.

Still, the easiest way is to find a correct pair of OEM's, which I'm still searching for.

Thanks,

JD

there are lowers stillout there i had just ordered a lh sc lca from vinatge parts , so its a buy now or dont find later type of deal. you can still get the oe uppers as well as long as the std lowers . the morons at ford discontinued the uca pinch bolt so you have to buy a motorcraft spec upper to get it . i found this out the hard way . ps i am a ford parts guy for ya'll who didnt know

Pictures?

Hey JD,

I have a couple NOS with the raised "TRW" letters forged in. One has a white & red label with the Canadian Maple Leaf on it.

I don't know if these are the original design or not as I did not get them in the factory boxes.

Do you have pics of the correct originals for all to see? I attached a rather small picture of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SCCoA Member #2144
    1990 SC 35th Anniversary 5-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTimeSC View Post
    Hey JD,

I have a couple NOS with the raised "TRW" letters forged in. One has a white & red label with the Canadian Maple Leaf on it.

I don't know if these are the original design or not as I did not get them in the factory boxes.

Do you have pics of the correct originals for all to see? I attached a rather small picture of mine.
    Paul,

It appears that yours have the "arms" with the rectangular cross-section like many I have been able to find at parts stores. The originals are round in cross-section. Attached is a fairly poor photo that I took last week after I got the LH wheelhouse detailed. I'll post a better one this week. I plan to pull a donor out of the salvage yards to dissect.

Thanks,

JD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

After seeing how the different arms look, I went out to check my 2 SC's. The new one I got for Quick35th has the rectangular arms on it, with the Canadian flag sticker like TwoTimes posted, and my rustbucket 35th has the round ones like you have pictured on it. The joints are probably blown out, but it doesn't seem to be too bad. It does have almost 124k on the odo.. I have another set of the TRW retangular ones out in my shed that I was gonna put on the rustbucket until I got the new one. What kind of time frame are you looking to get a set of them?? Right now most of my time is being consumed by my 4 year old, with the remaing bits spread between the wife and the car.. If I come up with some extra time I may pull the upper arms off for you...
    1990 Anniversary 5 speed: Built 4/90
    Motor is finally in and it is ALIVE!

1990 Anniversary 5 speed parts car. Built 2/90

Like everything with this car, I'm in no hurry. Ironically, my joints are just fine; only the boots are torn. It's strictly a cosmetic issue for me. I'll just push a little grease into the joint from time to time; that'll hold me for as little as the car is driven. I'll just keep looking for some NOS arms, or engineer a way to rebuild some originals.

Thanks,

JD