1993 SC For Sale 87000 miles

93DirtyBird

IT'S STILL HERE AS OF 7/11 - I haven't been given any offers yet.

As a poor college student, I've gotten to the point that I can't keep spending money to keep this thing going. I need to drive way too much, so I can't keep shelling the 60 bucks a fillup here in NY.

About the car:

- 1993 SC - Aftermarket paint job (needs touchup on bumpers and some other areas due to a-hole parallel parkers) dark blue metallic.
- Black leather interior, a little dry but not a single tear in the leather
- Stock engine/interior except for an aftermarket HD radio. I still have the old Radio/CD player combo, but I will not guarantee that the CD player works. I believe the problem I had was only a wiring issue however.
- After market "Hornet" remote entry with remote start.
- Stock rims with some curb rash, but still pretty :)

Problems - not expensive to fix, but not worth it if I'm letting it go:

- Driver's side door needs a shim/new pin. It has the typical Thunderbird sag syndrome. The driver's side interior door panel needs to be replaced as well - my (ex) girlfriend ripped off the interior handle while trying to close the sagging door... The outdoor handle needs to be fixed as she broke that as well, trying to lift the door from the outside... (She hasn't been in my car since)

- The T-Bird logo tails have the "don't slam the trunk!" tiny cracks at the top, and one is out - and I've been told it isn't the bulb.

- And just discovered today - the front left corner lamp needs to be replaced... somehow the plastic cover magically fell off.

- There are paint chips on the front bumper, and slight marks on the rear right corner from a guy who decided to throw out his Christmas tree on the street where I was parked.

- The sunroof needs a new gasket - after a heavy rainfall you'll feel a couple drops of water on a turn :-\

Despite what it may sound like, I did take care of this car. The body will need a few hundred dollars worth of work from the wear of the city, but the engine has been well taken care of. Only 87,000 miles - I'm the second owner (I bought it from my aunt). I have no idea what I'd be looking for in price, so I'll take offers. I'm hoping to get over $2000, as this thing still has low miles and runs great, but I'll hear any offers. I'll also be listing this locally at $3000 obo - obviously I'd like to sell it to someone on these forums, who I know would take care of it...

Oh, and I may be willing to take a vacation day to do some delivering :)

I'm looking to sell before the school year, as I'm going back to school in Delaware with a meal plan and a base-level sedan :-(

I don't have pictures up yet - e-mail me at richgilb@udel.edu if you'd like em so I know someone wants to see them.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich Gilberto

Last edited:
I absolutely still have the car (unless it was stolen since my first post last night!)

This is an automatic. Sorry for those who like manny transmissions, but that's just impractical in the city.

Jim, that's fine - I'm in no place to let a couple hundred dollars be a deal breaker :). However, it seems like there are a few people looking to make an offer, so I'll still go with whatever is best (remember: meal plan and a base sedan).

Also, before any plane tickets are purchased or plans finalized, I'll give you my number so I can answer any questions easier and help you make sure you want to buy (all of you live so far away!)

Thanks, looking forward to an email: richgilb@udel.edu
or a PM, either will work :-D

Cheers,
Rich

Oh and if you were looking for my opinion as to whether or not I think it would make the trip to MN in one piece, definitely.

You'll need to change her oil when you get there though ;-)

Back