going to the dyno, you can win a twelve pack of beer for...

whatever, someone must have pulled a CLO style dyno......if not, congrats on the spectacular never achieved numbers with bolt on's.

BTW, anyone else find no reference to 3.8L Ford marine engines when searching? This thread is full of it.

How is it that they're is numerous people on here with all the same mp parts installed and they are barely breaking 300 rwhp and your's blew past 400.I know it's all about the "combo" but thats a big difference.Especially with a stock long block.Not to mention the fact that you have a big stall converter in the car which usually drops the #'s a bit.And they're was no head work or cam change done?If not then the "marine" heads must flow alot better than our regular SC heads.Plus they must run a good deal more aggressive cam than the non "marine" engines.Awesome numbers for whatever the mod level just looking for a better explanation as to how it can be done with a stock longblock.Minus throwing a turbo on it that is.

Jay

Those are some very good numbers. I don't believe in "freaks" so there must be something that puts it over the edge, the question is what? I am definitely not saying theres more to the car then you say, but I would like to know what makes it stand out in the crowd. If its just the blower, then I'll be ordering mine next week:)

I'm just pissed that I didn't win any beer thats all.

Last edited:
How is it that they're is numerous people on here with all the same mp parts installed and they are barely breaking 300 rwhp and your's blew past 400.
I think Dave has said numerous times that no one else has this combo. Also, no one really knows what's in the engines. They're calling them stock, but they aren't the same that came on our SC's.
I respectfully disagree. I am not aware of anyone in this club with even a similar combination to what Rich has. I'll have to answer the part about the timing because Rich doesn't know (I don't believe I told him). Because of the non-professional criticism that I receive here from a certain someone, I am not going to get into specifics about the tune on Rich's car but I will say that IMO the tune is very conservative and no, there is no meth injection on Rich's car and yes, it was tuned on pump gas.

Last edited:
I think Dave has said numerous times that no one else has this combo. Also, no one really knows what's in the engines. They're calling them stock, but they aren't the same that came on our SC's.

Yeah I read all that but still curious.Not throwing the b s flag or anything.Just looking for some clarification.

There is a post that will have the dyno #'s on it. I tried, but it didn't work. So someone else will be posting the #'s for you. Till that gets done the tally was 437.06 rwhp... not bad for a V6 with some stock parts in it........Rich

I also read this "some stock parts in it" Does that mean stock block and crank LOL.With ported heads big cam etc.

Jay

what a bunch of stuff...

This is what makes people keep quiet on their cars. I told the whole history of this build and yet I now gewt this kind of a rap.
Lets start from the top again... This engine put out 281 rwhp when Dave D. tuned it for the midwest bash. From there it got the following parts added to it. New mpx blower, overdriven a bunch... mp front mount,upgraded fuel system from the front to the back. 60# injectors, long tube headers,and the biggest TB & mass air with the intake tube that is out there. There also was the manifold and elbow added as well.
Thats it, I took something that was already kicking out a bunch of power and added a few more good parts.
Maybe someone else should try this, it might surprise you...

So thats it, that is what was added to an engine that was way under feed and needed help. Now it has it and that is it. Every other part of the car was the same as before. This is the same trans,rear end and all the rest that was already kicking butt.
Now as far as you Miller, care to come and look at the car?? or for that matter anyone else?? It is right here and waiting for your inspection... The dyno guy only needs $100 to spin it again if that would make you feel better.........Rich

You can come and look at the car, there is no bottle on it. Dave D. tuned it and he also said that it was clean. Keep in mind that this same car did 281 rwhp when it was tuned last time two years ago. This was not driven much due to other projects going on. That was with a stock blower and not much else on it. There were a dozen or so people around that weekend to see it do it as well. That was during the "midwest bash" so there were a lot of people who show up on here to see...
Now we haveadded EVERY trick that MP has to offer and a couple extra's, BUT NO BOTTLE.... That is a fact.........Rich

Rich,

I'm from the Show Me state, so I guess I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. Please bring it to the Shooutout. Not saying you have a bottle, just don't understand how it's possible to make that much power with stock heads and cam.

David

PS: Tell me more about the intake manifold and elbow you mentioned.

Last edited:
That is the plan to be at the shoot out.

Rich,

I'm from the Show Me state, so I guess I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. Please bring it to the Shooutout. Not saying you have a bottle, just don't understand how it's possible to make that much power with stock heads and cam.

David

PS: Tell me more about the intake manifold and elbow you mentioned.

The manifold is something that I have been playing with for some time. The back has been opened up, kind of like Chris Wise had. The roof has gotten a bit taller and this helped out the bend that the stocker makes the runners do. This also helps the bend at the back as well. This is something that goes back a few years, we even talked about it at the campfire in St. Louis one night....
Feel free to ask if there is anything else......Rich

Rich,

Not saying you have a bottle, just don't understand how it's possible to make that much power with stock heads and cam.

David

I'm with Dave.I just don't understand how it's possible.I'm totally not trying to offend you or say that it's not what you say it is.It's just such an impressive number.I am just trying to learn what I can from you're obviously great combination.And maybe use some of what you've done to improve my own cars performance.I'm sure there is some haters out there especially guys who have lots of money tied up in heads and cams etc that can't even touch you're numbers.But like I said not trying to offend you.And congrats on finding that "perfect combo".Can't wait to hear what it runs.

Jay

Ok let me get this straight Rich, guys with full MP setups and just about every other bolt on with the only exception of no internal engine work that are just barely breaking 300rwhp can get your very same numbers if all they added are fire hose for fuel lines, some giant a$$ fuel pump, and an opened up return plenum and lower intake manifold plus a tune? I dont really care either way cause I am done messing with 3.8Ls so it means nothing to me other then I just really wanna know how you did it with so little. There is a piece of the puzzle that you are leaving out.

Shane

Guy's he could be right. You can pay the dyno operator anything to get the numbers you want. It's a very good bang for dollar modification I hear.

when i dynoed my crown vic they tricked me , they gave me numbers from like a modified 4 banger they dyno guy played with the chart, he said i did 225 rwhp and 219 rwt at 8100 rpm!! :p im surprised my connecting rods didn't disconnect , im not saying this is your case you got great numbers.

btw did they use a tail pipe sniffer or the other method?

Back