underdrive pulleys...

johnrada

are they worth the extra 5 hp for 300 dollars in the long run or is a new belt with a new tensioner just fine?

well they're not 300 for the steel ones. more like 200-ish. i actually just bought a nice used set for $80.

and i've read and heard that they're actually a very good mod for the money, worth 10-15hp

and what's wrong with your tensioner, by the way ?

I think underdrives are one of the first mods every SC should get. You can usually find a used set for about $100 and they are worth an honest 10-15 HP. Can't think of any others mod that will give that much HP for the money, except nitrous.

David

I think underdrives are one of the first mods every SC should get. You can usually find a used set for about $100 and they are worth an honest 10-15 HP. Can't think of any others mod that will give that much HP for the money, except nitrous.

David

oh and the 5% OD pulley i got. where else can i get 10+hp for $80 ?

ah thank you for the quick replies, just another thing to add to the 'to do' list i suppose, thanks
tensioner: well its going to come with my mp package...so why not replace them when i get all my new pulleys such as the OD pulleys (and now UD pulleys)

Last edited:
ah thank you for the quick replies, just another thing to add to the 'to do' list i suppose, thanks
tensioner: well its going to come with my mp package...so why not replace them when i get all my new pulleys such as the OD pulleys (and now UD pulleys)

If you using the MP overdriven crankshaft pulley...you can't use underdrives. If you overdriving the blower from the jackshaft or the blower snout, you can use underdrives.

David

which is more effective for creating more power, and is it ok to use the 15% overdrive kit with the underdrives or forget the underdrives and go for 25% overdrive?

Back