Cars vs. Computers

forcfed93

I've seen this before but I didn't have a copy of it until today ....

Enjoy ......... :D

It was reported recently that Bill Gates compared the computer industry with automotive industry and stated "If American Auto makers would have kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, one auto maker issued a press release stating: If they had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristic:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally you car would die on the freeway for no reason. When this occurred, you would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the car windows, shut the car off, restart it, and reopen all the windows before you could continue. And for some reason you would simply accept this and not call the dealership to ask for a warranty repair.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to start, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car unless you bought "Car NT" or “Car XP” …… but then you have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, fives times as fast and twice as easy to drive …… but would only run on about five percent of the roads.

7. The oil, water, temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.

8. The airbag system would ask "are you sure?" before deploying.

9. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

10. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need or want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause
the cars' performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become the target for investigation by the Justice Department.

11. Every time a new model was introduced, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would be in the same location or operate in the same manner as the old car.

12. You'd have to press a "Start" button to turn the engine off.

Ain't that the truth... that is so true.. good laugh Mike - I like that.

-Andy "Melon"

Hey Albert - My dad and I join you with having a 94 SC 5 speed.. Ours needs some work, but will be as good as new within another year - atleast the way things are going, they will be. It's not in that great of shape right now. It runs and does it ever. Just has some other bits and pieces that need to be fixed.

Hope to see you at some of the Iowa meet that I make it over to. Hopefully once I'm out of college, I'll swing over to a couple meets a year there.

-Andy "Melon"

Melon

I have just about 79000 miles on it and will probably look for another toy to try keeping the miles on this one down. I am thinking a 95 5 Speed this time around. :D

Back