im new member!

qc89SC

hi i just paid for my membership and got no feedback so im still waiting i just bough my first thunderbird its a supercharge t-bird 89 with the manual trans didnt have the chance to try it a lot since i dont have driver license anymore so i hva e1year to put it back to #1 shape here are the problem i found...for now:p.first i blowed the hose that go to the clutch master cylinder and lost my clutch when going back home i looked under the car didnt found the cluctch cylinder is it inside the bellhousing???After that some electrical problem my driver seat dont go front and back motor and solenoid make noise so i think probably the motor is loose or the shaft stripped or maybe the track are full of ~~~~ or rusted there after power antenna dont work and electric mirror seem to work but need some grease i think i dont know if it is normal but i have my firm ride light that come on when driving fast after that its all for now if you can help me fix my problem i would appreciate and i forgot my A/c have a busted o-ring but i know where it is busted just need the replacement o-ring and get my a/c fulled at an a/c shop

Last edited:
Geez thats a lot of rambling..........welcome to the forums though. If you do a keyword search and read through everything on the faq's page, you will learn a lot of useful information about these cars.

Your firm ride light coming on seems to be operating normal. If you accelerate fast, turn fast, or stop quickly it will automatically come on to help keep the car stable. Under normal driving it will stay on soft ride for comfort.

Sounds like you may have a slave cylinder going bad if the car doesn't want to come out of gear. Could be a leak also. Slave cylinder is inside the transmission, you'll have to pull it to fix the problem if its a slave cylinder.

Memberships are processed manually by George Davenport. I'm sure he will process it as soon as he is able. At that time your actual membership period will start and you will be given full access to the members's only forums. You aren't losing any of the time period your dues paid for...just the start date doesn't occur until the process is completed.

Welcome to the club and thank you for your support.

Oh...you are correct....the clutch system is hydraulic and the slave cylinder is inside the bellhousing. If that is the source of your leak you will have to drop the tranny to affect repairs/replacement.

I recently joined as well. Be patient as I believe membership are processed once a month at the end of the month. This club has been a wealth of information that has saved me a tremendous amount of time & headache. The money you will save will be infinite multiples of the $15 annual dues. As previously stated, using the search option is your first step. If its happened to an SC, I assure you it's been discussed here. I regret only that I didn't official join sooner. My freeloading, guilty conscience finally prodded me to pony up the extremely underpriced annual dues.

about clutch???

i think it may be my slave cylinder cause when i looked under the car the clutch fluid was under the bellhousing and do the clutch fluid id DOT3 or i have to buy expensive brake(clutch) fluid from ford????

I use DOT 3 Brake Fluid in my system with no issues. But if the clutch disc is contaminated with fluid you may be looking at a new clutch. In fact if you are going through the hassle of dropping the tranny you may want to consider a new clutch, slave cylinder, throwout and pilot bearing at this time anyway.

Back