Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
User Name: Drummerzrok24
E-mail: drummerzrok24@hotmail.com
Vendor/Individual: Individual

Comments:

I've been holding off filing this for quiet some time for I figured I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt since I've been in similar situations with shipping issues with FedEx. At this point its been 6 months since payment was received so I feel he has had plenty of time to refund my money due.

Back in December '06 Jean posted his 20" rims for sale and I ended up buying them from him. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84809

He worked with me on making payment since it was around the holidays and I paid him in full the begining of Febuary as we had worked out. This is when he ran into problems shipping them w/ FedEx. I had sent him $360 to ship the wheels which he was never able to do, do to circumstances he couldn't control. Because of this I drove from VA to Detroit in April to pick the wheels up myself since I was going to see family in the area in how. At which point he said he was still waiting on the shipping refund from FedEx and would get it to me when he received it. I was just glad at that point I had the $1100 wheels I had paid for...the $360 was sort of mute at that point, since I already felt like I was getting jerked around a little.

Needless to say it is now August. I've received numerous PMs saying that the shipping would be received and mailed out next week, and then the next etc. etc. On 6/26/07 he said he received the refunded shipping however he couldn't mail it out do to his work schedule...it must take more then 5 mins in Canada to place an envelope in the mail? Also this is the last PM I've received from him, but he has still been able to post topics on the forums.

Needless to say I've given this guy enough time to make things right. First by driving to Detroit to pick the rims up (which he was late by 5 hours on the meeting time to do so) then with the refunded shipping. I even offered payments on the returned amount due again knowing that sometimes we all get in spots and need some understanding.

That's my peace - if I ever receive my shipping money back I will request this removed or post a positive swing to this. Other wise Buyer Beware for I got took.

-Tim

So to keep my word - I stated if payment was received I would update this thread. Well everything is now squared away.

I received the following PM last week:

Tim,

I haven't been an active member of this page in some years and I believe that I owe you an apology for the way I left things. The way the entire wheel deal went down was beyond stupid on my part and I want to say that I am sorry for what I did. Secondly, I believe I still owe you some money, from what I can gather of the bad sellers thread about me. I have done some serious growing up and am wishing I could go back in time. I am getting back to working on my car after it being parked for many years and would like to make things right with you and this community. Please let me know what it is that I owe, what I can do to make this right and if you could care less I completely understand. I wise old man once told me that all we have left in this world is our word and if one can't trust it, you've got nothing left.

Sincerely,

Jean

We have since squared up - and I found that even with the time lapse, this was a real first class gesture on his part. As I told him in other PMs, a lesser person would have left it as it was.

Thanks again Jean, and welcome back to the club.

-Tim

Thats actually pretty cool to make things right.He ended up doing the right thing which many many people dont do in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back