Should I save this 94 SC?

• Save it

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Part it out

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

tydlwavs

That is the question.

I recently bought a 94 SC that needs some work and is a little rusty along metal seams and under the front end. Take a look at the attached picture and vote if you think I should save it or not.

I don't have any other pictures right now. I will have more on Sunday.

-Todd

5 spd or auto?

5 speed, I might try to fix
auto, I'd probably part....that rust looks pretty bad.

She's an automatic and the radiator support is bent back a bit. It needs all the front end parts. Obviously the SC blows oil and it looks like there's a coolant leak from somewhere on the front cover.

I'm really trying to save some coin for a 94/95 in CLEAN condition. Parting this car would get me there.

having spent far too much time repairing the rust in my car I say strip it and buy one in good shape.

sean

I would just sell it rather then strip it. Nothing a lil wire wheel and some rust POR15 cqant take care of for someone with the time. If you only saw what I have done to the rad support in my stang..As far a sbeing bent up..

BTW 94 is the rarest year for auto SC's

Got the car home today and looked it over. The drivers side innder fender area is bent up and the radiator support (top and bottom) is pushed in on the drives side. The car was purchased off Ebay by the previous owner one month ago. I bought it from the since they were no longer interested in fixing it.

It's a 94 with a 94/95 Cervini hood ( I didn't think they made a hood for these years) and it has the Cervini wing, almost new triple treads with excellent wheels and all the good SC specific parts.

I'm going to part it out since the repair work to fix the structural portions of the car isn't worth the money, especially with the rust issue.

I'll look it over closely tomorrow and start a thread for the parts.

Thanks,
Todd

I say save it, i have by far worse project than that to take care of and i'm not whinning about it, car sat for 7 years but what do you expect for somthing being so old i guess.

Back