Can a poorly functioning fuel pump make your SC get bad gas mileage?

phils89sc

I thought there was something wrong as loud as it was. The engine would fall on its face at full throttle. I replaced it today, along with the sender (gauge was way wrong), and all is well, I got my power back, seems good. Can a badly functioning fuel pump cause your gas mileage to be bad as well?

Thanks

Phil

When I changed my pump 2 weeks ago I noticed the same differences. Mine was soo bad If i Drove it through the mountians on a hot day, it would often heat up too much and cut out, grounding me until it sat for awhile. And Boy did it make noise. Throttle response is greatly improved now, thats for sure.

Id say the answer is yes, because just because the pump is working, doesnt neccesarliy mean its working at peak flow/performance, which is when you need/notice the difference.

Did yall replace the fuel pump with the factory spec one or the larger flow one?
I'm wondering because I am going to upgrade my gas tank to the newer style to accomidate exhaust upgrades and possibly the larger pump. I was also wondering whether the larger pump requires any other mods.

Back