wow 30 lbs injectors not 30

mannysc

I was just told that our sc injectors that we call 30 lbs are not 30 lbs but infact 28.55 i have many sets from 89-93 and they have a 0280150945 part number which is 28.55 lbs not 30 and was told red tops vary from 28-32 lbs why do we refer to our red tops as 30 lbs and why do we refer to the 94-85s as 36 lbs when they are 34 lbs

maybe they round the number up -to make one think that there getting something

lol

cheers
steve

I can live with the smaller injector thing....As long as a 2x4 actually measures 2"x4":)

Well it all depends on the fuel pressure going into them.. Not all EFI systems are at the same Fuel pressure, By it Ford, GMC, Chrysler, Honda, Ferrarri, ect, ect..

Just like pants, there's not Set messurement specifications for injectors..
I read/heard of people taking injectors that where say rated at like 25PPH on a brand A car, tossed them on Brand B car and they flow like 27-28 PPH, and Vise versa..

Also each Manufator will have their own way of messuring (Ahh pants again??) the flow of an injector.. so.. a 24# injector from Manufactor A may not flow the same as Manufactor B's 24# injector in the same application..

Most aftermarket injectors are flow rated at 43.5 psi....stock SC operates at 38-40 psi static. So even an aftermarket 30# injector won't flow 30# unless the pressure is increased.

David

Dr. David is correct

Injector flows are determined on a laboratory flowbench at a specified pressure. Ford specifies injectors at 43.5psi.

It's been a long time, but I recall the 'science' being that at WOT most Fords will be at 43 to 45 psi so that's when it matters to avoid too lean a condition.

Believe it or not, they also balanced and flow matched injectors to within 2% of each other in each engine. Who's gonna buy a new car with poor idle quality!

yeah I was asked the part number mon injector and sent to a potential customer he told me they were 28.55 lbs according to his chart says last digits 951 are 30 lbs his name is keith silibovsky dont know his screen name

So what would happen if I changed to that size in my eec tuner?

Considering the default has 30.1 something for low and hi is set to 33. something :cool:

Back