94 SC motor mounts

XxSlowpokexX

Anyone have any tips on replacing the whole motor mount assymbly on this car?..Has kooks midlenghts and no cats in the way. Never just did motor mounts so I;m sure ther eis a good procedure fo rthis

Thanks guys

Damon

Motor mounts.. yuck! If you’re going to do them do both. Check your tranny mounts to as it’s a good time to do them as well.
You'll likely get two to three opinions on this. I just did a set on a 95 without a lift. I put it up on stands and used a jack to lift the motor. I had to take off the upper exhaust, cowl, driver’s side exhaust manifold or header, and both accessory brackets to get at them if you do it the same way I did. Pray you don’t break any motor mount sub frame bolts. When I put it back together I put the mounts on the motor and then lowered it onto the frame.

I’ve also heard of people lowering the sub frame. If you got the tools to do it that way good luck as I hear there are alignment issues after assembly.

Oh I dont wantto hear any of that!..haha.There has got to be an easier way..I do get teh bottom bolts off no problem as I have pulled motors out with them attached

I put solid mounts back in my SC.

The solid ones from the auto parts store are about 3/16 taller than stock mounts.

I believe Spinning Wheels has some solid mounts that are the stock height.

I have the mounts already..The poly ones Chuck sold...I just want to know what needs to be lifted moved to do em... WIthout ripping everything out

I have the mounts already..The poly ones Chuck sold...I just want to know what needs to be lifted moved to do em... WIthout ripping everything out

Damon,
You're looking for the easy way. They easy way is to have someone do it for you for around $400.00 in labor. if you want to do it yourself, there's no real easy way to do it.

Last edited:
Damon, my guy out here who did my mounts that I supplied, charged me like $120 a mount to install.....deffinitly worth it IMO........I'll give ya his number

I've done this twice...on my 89 and on my 94. Both times I did it I just removed the acc brackets and jacked up the engine. I left all exhaust parts on. I'm down to being able to do this in a few hours now provided there are no stuck bolts. It's a good idea to spray down the motor mount bolts once a day 3 days prior to doing this job.

The hardest part of the job is getting the new mounts in there!

wanna do mine? hahaha.. So unbolt AC bracket eh?

Not looking for EASY way..Just EASIEST way..I have someoen here..Just need to get a FIRM number from him and maybe Il let him do it if not to much.

Mille rafter doing yours he may never want to do one again!

nooo he loves it. He does all my door hinges too. he eats tbirds for breakfast....he'd do it again =)

wanna do mine? hahaha.. So unbolt AC bracket eh?

Not looking for EASY way..Just EASIEST way..I have someoen here..Just need to get a FIRM number from him and maybe Il let him do it if not to much.

Mille rafter doing yours he may never want to do one again!

Acc meaning accessory brackets. The way I did mine was by removing both accessory brackets and jacking the engine up from underneath. I'd give you a hand if I'm around. Give me a shout. I'm in western Suffolk.

Acc meaning accessory brackets. The way I did mine was by removing both accessory brackets and jacking the engine up from underneath. I'd give you a hand if I'm around. Give me a shout. I'm in western Suffolk.

If you're going to do it that way, I'd consider removing the cowl cover and maybe the cowl and windshield wipers too. Also be ready with a large variety of sockets, universals, and flexible extensions.
The frame bolts, don't force them. If you break one and have to cut one of the brackets off, good luck trying to find a replacement.

Thsi car all of a sudden is driving me crazy and it hasnt even hit 60,000 miles!!!

Lets see...

Needs starter
Motor Mounts
More power......
One door hinge....

Never ends.....

Removing the accesorie brackes is the best way to go. Its not worth the effort to short cut it anyother way. Not that hard to do just need a PS puller as the only special tool.

Removing the accesorie brackes is the best way to go. Its not worth the effort to short cut it anyother way. Not that hard to do just need a PS puller as the only special tool.

You don't need to totally pull off the power steering pump. Just move the bracket to one side or remove the hoses and lift it out of the car. Removing the pulley isn't necessary.

Back