SC Shootout Hotel reservations....

XR7 Dave

It has come to my attention that some hotel personal do not fully understand how to handle a group reservation. We have 50 rooms booked for our event, however some people are being told that there are no rooms left. You MUST provide the group ID number CGSCSH to get a room at our rate.

Also, book your reservations now! The rooms will be released on August 28. If you have not reserved by that time you will NOT get the group rate and you may not get a room at all. The price of $75/night is very reasonable for the Fairborn area and the hotels stay booked pretty steady.

Don't delay, time is moving fast!

:)

Apparently you must book with the manager and the manager only. That person is only there on certain days between 3 p.m. and 11 p.m.

I have been trying for days...

I called and booked my room this morning. I did not speak to a manager. Sorry some of the desk staff seem to be brain dead. I spoke with a girl, I think her name was Amanda. The manager's name is Mike. Insist that they enter our group ID code.

Last edited:
Sorry some of the desk staff seem to be brain dead. I spoke with a girl, I think her name was Amanda.

I had to call back because I was on hold for 15 minutes the first time but when I called back later in the day Amanda helped me out, it was a painless 3 minute call that time.

Finally "got 'er done" today. Thanks. Word of warning for others, if you call and get "Will", just ask for ANYONE else.

I'll do the registration thingy as well.

Cheers!

Will

Yeah it is 4:00 PM EST on August 22nd and I called and got Will. He can't help me, because he does not have the password. I assume that the Group ID is the password, but he told me he needs a manager . . . who will be in Sunday Morning. I will try again tonight, maybe Will won't be working.

Dave

Yeah it is 4:00 PM EST on August 22nd and I called and got Will. He can't help me, because he does not have the password. I assume that the Group ID is the password, but he told me he needs a manager . . . who will be in Sunday Morning. I will try again tonight, maybe Will won't be working.

Dave

As you all have figured out already, we have a problem here. I just spoke at some length to this fellow Will, and apparently he is not allowed to make any reservations for people who are trying to register using a group ID. More to the point, he can make a reservation for you, but he does not have access to the password so he cannot access the actual blocked off rooms so he cannot assign you a room and guarantee the group rate.

Who ever heard of such a thing.

He did indeed say the manager is due back Sunday, so if anyone tries later today and speaks with someone else, please report back whether or not you were successful. I suppose he could be a new employee or something and doesn't have full access to the system yet.

Otherwise, I suggest that someone speak with this guy Mike on Sunday and straighten this out. In addition, I think it only fair that they extend the date they are holding our rooms beyond the August 28th date I understand is now in place. I will be happy to do this follow up if the committee so chooses.

Just my two cents......

Ira

As far as I know "Will" is the only one who can't figure out how to make a reservation. The hotel is open 24/7 so that means there are several other people who can help and you can feel free to call early or late.

I already spoke with Mike about the problem and he said he would take care of it but obviously that hasn't happened yet.

Technically it's not their fault that we are waiting till the last minute to make reservations. ;) Let's git er done, only 6 days left!

I just tried to make a reservation and apparently I spoke to Will because I was told to call back Sunday 7:00am-3:00pm for Mike. I'll try again later and see if I can get someone besides Will.

Reservation

It is 1:15 PM EST on Thursday the 23rd and Amanda is on shift right now, I am now booked at the hotel. If anybody else is trying call now.

Dave

OK just made the hotel reservation. I didn't speak to Amanda but I did speak to Kenwer (heavy accent) and he had no problem getting me hooked up.:)

I just to call and they could not help me make the reservations with the group. I have to call tomorrow at 7am :mad:

I have never seen a hotel have such problems making reservations!!!!!

Ken

Listen, there is ONE person who can't handle the job (that I know of). The hotel is open 24/7. Therefore, look at the time you called, add 8 hrs to that time and I guarantee you'll get a different person! It's that simple. ;) We always have issues with the hotel for one reason or another. This one just surfaced late in the game and we are about out of time which makes it worse.

Heck if they release the rooms on the 28th to the general public then there won't be any more hassle about getting rooms I guess. I can't be sure you'll get the same rate but you might. We reserved 50 rooms which is 90% of the hotel.

Hey no problem Dave . . . I was just trying to help folks by pointing out when Wil the Thrill was not answering the phone . . . serves me right for dragging my feet.

Dave

Just called and made my reservations. Talked to Will and I got the group reservation but didn't need a CC number to hold the room. I did get a confirmation number.

Just made my reservations with Will. He did not ask for a credit card to secure my reservation. Anybody else experience this or did he forget to ask??

People who did not supply a credit card may want to double check your reservation in a day or two. I don't know what the hotel policy is on that but they may cancel any unsecured reservations....

From Mod Motor Cat over at TCCoA for any room seekers:

Alright....for all of you still looking for lodging. I just got off the phone with the manager at the Holiday Inn in Xenia and was able to get her to agree to the same $75.00 a night (standard 2 double bed room) rate that the Ramada is offering.

They will be holding a block of 20-rooms for the competitors. They will be held until Tuesday the 25th exclusively, at which point she'll have to open them back up to the general public to ensure they're not stuck with a bunch of empty rooms at the end of the month in the event we don't book them up. The Manager did however state she would honor the rate up until the date of, but as I said, after the 25th, it's every man for themselves.

When you call to book, just mention to them you're booking for the "T-Bird/XR7 Shootout Competition" for that weekend and they'll fix you up. If by some chance you have any issues with the staff, just let them know it was OK'd by Pam.

The Hotel seems to be only a 6-min drive (according to Mapquest) from the Track.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...+Xenia+Rd+&2c=XENIA&2s=OH&2z=45385&panelbtn=2

For those of you who are members of SCCOA, feel free to spead the word to them over there as well.

Hope this helps out guys. :)

Yes, excellent info for anyone still needing a room. If some people have already made other accomodations at a higher price, by all means call the Holiday Inn! It is a very nice hotel only a couple blocks from the Ramada Inn. (walking distance in case you need that ;))

Back