tranny problems (aod)

W

white90sc

tranny problems (aod)

Only goes in to 1st, then 2nd but then it stays in 2nd, and doesn't go into 3rd, or OD, when i'm in OD....I put a shift kit and a stale torque converter (2500) all by B&M

Love some help thanks

JERRY

Re: tranny problems (aod)

sorry didnt mean to place it twice sorry

Hrm thats funny, now you ask for help after you never giving us help, not even a part number after we asked..

I wonder if anyone will help you..

PS: Don't drive around in od, all it does is kill your tranny

hey not trying to be a ass thanks..

wait...now i may be asking the stupidest question ever, but figuring I put my car in gear w/ The D in the circle (being overdrive) and that's not the gear your supposed to drive it in? Why, when you put it into D(without the circle) does it not lock the shifter then? I need an explanation.

he really doesnt know what he is saying, normally driving in od in an aod is just fine, im not being an ass or anything but i heard that that can apply with the gm 700r4 but havent heard anything about that with the aod

Did it do it before the shift kit, cause that sounds like the culprit. Take it to a tranny shop cause it looks like you lost the 2-3 servo. And take that B&M shift kit out and replace it with a trans-go. That's the best one on the market for the AOD.

Paul

I think you broke your 3/4 input shaft but I could be wrong. My trans shop and several other places by the way said because of how the fluid flows in these transmissions, OD is the best position for regular driving. I personally prefer drive to keep it form kicking out but I have heard from numerous sources that OD is the best for transmission life. I know Tazer you are probably worried about killing an OD band but I heard one story (didn't see it so can't say for sure) that one car was driven in Drive all the time then went to go on the highway and od wouldn't engage properly, after driving for a couple of weeks in od all the time od became functional again. Seems odd to me but wierder things have happened.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Back