LuK Clutch kit Discontinued

Black89XR7

I recently bought a LuK clutch kit off ebay, LuK part number 07-070 for an 1989-1993 super coupe. A week later LuK box shows up at my door( the box is a little bigger than I would think it should be). So I opened up the box and know immediately it is not the right clutch. So for the heck of it I compared my flywheel to it and my flywheel could fit inside of it! I looked at the part number and it was Luk part number 07-170. So I looked it up online to see what it was for...as it turns out the mystery clutch kit is for a 2003-2004 f500-f800 with a 6.0l!!!

I Contacted the seller and he apologized and said he would refund me and have UPS pick it up the next day. He informed me that the LuK clutch kit 07-070 is now obsolete. He also told me that the LuK 07-070 supercedes to a 07-091 and that both are obsolete and LuK has none of either left in their system. A week earlier I went to the ford dealership and he couldn't locate the clutch kit in the system.

Centerforce Dual Friction is nice. I don't care for the Spec clutches but they are readily available. A Spec stage 1 or 2 should be close to stock feel but hold better.

Back