94/95 Stock Shocks

rickbtbird

Looking for two used rear shock for a 94/95 that are in good shape. These are Ford part number F4SZ18125BA or MotorCraft part number AA561. Also looking for the top mounting hardware (actuator bracket and Nut). If you have for a 89-93, I only want the actuator bracket and nut.
That's items 18171 and N805377-5100 in the attached picture.

Attachments

• shockhardware.jpg
    shockhardware.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
90 sc

Looking for two used rear shock for a 94/95 that are in good shape. Also looking for the top mounting hardware (actuator bracket and Nut). If you have for a 89-93, I only want the actuator bracket and nut.
That's items 18171 and N805377-5100 in the attached picture.

i have a 90 sc with the front shocks act n nuts for $35 shipped. the front end of the 89 5-speed that i just got has all new front struts all round. thx tony.

i have a 90 sc with the front shocks act n nuts for $35 shipped. the front end of the 89 5-speed that i just got has all new front struts all round. thx tony.

thanks for the reply. I'll ping you on this when/if the time comes as I have a couple of other offers pending.

I have a pair from a 94 Mark VIII w/ 50k miles, but they have a different part number - F3LC-1080-CA. They are ARC shocks also w/ actuators. Are the 94/95 SC shocks stiffer than other ARC shocks ?

- Dan

I have a pair from a 94 Mark VIII w/ 50k miles, but they have a different part number - F3LC-1080-CA. They are ARC shocks also w/ actuators. Are the 94/95 SC shocks stiffer than other ARC shocks ?

- Dan

Are you sure it's not F3LC 18080 CA?

Yeah it is 18080, I read it fast last night. :cool:

- Dan

As far as I can tell, that parts isn't available for Ford/Murcery/Lincoln Cars anymore but, is now listed as F3LY18125A. It's about 100.00. Don't know if it will fit or not.

Heres a couple pics.

- Dan

Attachments

• shock1.jpg
    shock1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 40
  • shock2.jpg
    shock2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 46
Heres a couple pics.

- Dan

THe bracket below the actuator isn't used on the Super Coupe but the shock looks almost the same. I have one in my hand. the the middle three digits on the shock are the same F4SC-18080-BB. Are the tops about the same size as mine?

Attachments

• shocktop.jpg
    shocktop.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 47
Yeah, it looks like the bracket is part of the shock .. so it doesnt look like these will bolt up to the SC without modification. I double checked on my 94 SC also. Sorry about that.

I do know where a 94 SC is at a local junkyard, I think it still has the factory shocks, but the car has 125k miles, I cant guarantee they are still good.

- Dan

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks like the bracket is part of the shock .. so it doesnt look like these will bolt up to the SC without modification. I double checked on my 94 SC also. Sorry about that.

I do know where a 94 SC is at a local junkyard, I think it still has the factory shocks, but the car has 125k miles, I cant guarantee they are still good.

- Dan
Hey thanks for the effort. It's starting to look like I'll be paying Ford for a new set. Since I'm not a road runner, I don't think I'll be doing Koni sports for that price although I hear they're awesome. My Fronts are almost new. And I've heard that the Tokico Illumina II replacement shocks don't last.

These's SC no matter what you do will pick your pocket. At least I haven't had to do much on my 90 this year besides disc pads.
Later and thanks for your help.

Hey thanks for the effort. It's starting to look like I'll be paying Ford for a new set. Since I'm not a road runner, I don't think I'll be doing Koni sports for that price although I hear they're awesome. My Fronts are almost new. And I've heard that the Tokico Illumina II replacement shocks don't last.

These's SC no matter what you do will pick your pocket. At least I haven't had to do much on my 90 this year besides disc pads.
Later and thanks for your help.

Yeah, id be skeptical on used shocks also, I prefer to buy new unless I know it came from a very low mileage car.

If you buy from Ford, give Jason ( Ford parts counter at TCCOA ) a call 1-800-992-3938, great prices and service.

- Dan

Yeah, id be skeptical on used shocks also, I prefer to buy new unless I know it came from a very low mileage car.

If you buy from Ford, give Jason ( Ford parts counter at TCCOA ) a call 1-800-992-3938, great prices and service.

- Dan

Yea I'll say. Spoke with Jason today and got the price on a set of rear shocks. Best price I've seen anywhere for OEM. What a find! Guess there was a club discount or something. He was very professional and polite as well. You guys got to use him more.

Yeah, Jason is a good guy, he'll take care of whatever Ford parts you need. Ive been buying from him since Dan Newman stopped working for Ford. :D

- Dan

Back