New 95 SC owner

posjr

I just picked up 95 thunderbird SC with 68k miles. 5spd black with gray, and a sunroof. Very clean inside and out. Motor runs good but cant say great.

It had acouple small problems which i already fixed. Shifter bushing, engine fan, new wires plugs fuel filter, and the car run alittle better. Still need to change the motor mount though.

Over all i think i got a good deal. I paid 2500 for it. Love the car alot. I have four cars now and this one is the best. I do plan on doing some mods to the car. Trying to look for any free mods.

Questions from a new SC owner.

1. Car seems to bog around 3.5-4k rpms. After the samll tune up got more power but still seems like all the power is not there. as if the power is loss at 4.5k and after. I have been reading alot about Head gaskets. Alittle worried!

2. Any common problems or anything i should look out for our check?

3. Car seems rough. I think its the motor mount. Shaking at idle but the idle is steady. When you go forward it feels rough. Hard to explain.

4. I'm reading that my car is rare. Is this true. Becuase if it is i'll take even best of best care for it now.

Thanx for for any help. I have been doing alot reading and going to read some more after this.

Last edited:
"Over all i think i got a good deal. I paid 2500 for it."

i paid THREE THOUSAND for mine, black on grey leather, 5 sp. 130k on the ticker... bad egr, bald tires, and a broken odometer. you didnt just get a deal.. you effing robbed the previous owner BLIND! :eek:

you better enjoy that thing.. you mistreat it, i'll have to confiscate it. (if anyone on here doesnt first.)

yes, it IS rare.. one of only 574 5 speeds produced in 95.... probably one of about 300 still in existence.

a good first mod would be to remove the air silencer, its restrictive, and will net you a better feeling in the upper rpms and a few ponies. do a quick search, you'll find it.

oh... and WELCOME! :D

Last edited:
WOW the car has new tires and all stock as while.... The owner bought it from a dealer action for 1.6g and sold it to me for 2.5. He had no ideal what it was worth. He was just basing the price off other T-birds he saw. lol

I did the air silencer and cut off the mufflers already. :D

Im going to tint the windows asap to save the interior. Which is flawless. Mybe a good 35% all around. I quess its time to move out my other car and garage the t-bird everyday.

Thanx

If i matters i also have a 95 Bronce Eddie Bauer. BIG MAMA with 10mpg...

2afdhcw.jpg

53rz2xg.jpg

4pdmp3n.jpg

wow.... that car is effing CLEAN!:eek:

love her dearly, she'll make you smile. :)

ed... we need to start a club!!!!

the black/grey 94/95 sc 5 speed owners association.

i found another one just like mine on the side of the road been there for a few weeks. hasnt moved. Think i'll go and ask some question. Mybe i can get it cheap too.

0.o want......

probably hg's popped... you could get it cheap and fix it up to be a respectable DD. :)

the bug has bitten you.

EDIT: take pics please.. and where are you located? if its a 94/95 sc.. thats sad. and the owner will be prosecuted.

I'm in sunny kali. San Jose CA

hahaha i passed by the car earlier and had a ticket on it. I'm talking like i got money. Even if it was cheap i cant buy it but i can fix it. Unless he sold it for 500 bucks than noproblem i can buy it.

the 180 tstat was going to be small, and as for the sc fluid, you open that hex bold while cold, and the level should be right at the bottom of the plug. if not. some jet engine turbine oil should suffice (and it doesnt smell like feet.) :)

the 180 tstat was going to be small, and as for the sc fluid, you open that hex bold while cold, and the level should be right at the bottom of the plug. if not. some jet engine turbine oil should suffice (and it doesnt smell like feet.) :)

LOL i asked this question on TCCOA and got the answer on SCCOA. :eek:

Ok i'll pull that plug out tomerrow. Thanx

yes very clean engine, and you got an awesome deal, im actually jealous that you got her. The headgaskets should be good for a little while as long as you dont overdrive the blower without opening up the exhaust more, or beat the hell out of it. Overall they are pretty fast cars and very fun to drive. i got my 90 black 5 speed 1 owner non smoker for 2400 with 91000 miles. Very clean also. But yours is newer and a bit rarer with less miles. Take car of it or we will have to come to your house and steal it!!

i'm banned on tccoa (twice now) but i still read up, and correspond when i can :)

i had a problem with being called a dumbass douchebag by one of the mods. :rolleyes:

Don't put a 180 tstat in that car unless you do something to run the fans at lower temperatures such as a chip, eec tuner or (god forbid in a car like that) a manual switch.

The 180 will make your car run hotter as the rad is too small to cool the coolant down during continuous flow unless the fan is running.

Since the car is stock, the 197 will work fine so long as everything else is maintained properly and cleaned.

Nice car ;).

Don't put a 180 tstat in that car unless you do something to run the fans at lower temperatures such as a chip, eec tuner or (god forbid in a car like that) a manual switch.

I put the 180 stat and did the wire trick 14 and 17. Car never even hits N. Even after WOT.

I just bought some alpines type R's for the front. Hope i can get away with the stock amps. I'm trying not to add any amps. Hate to have wires all over the place!

I'm trying to work on cutting the two front cats out this week. I'll pay for a guy to pre bend some pipes than i'll weld them on.

But everyday i'm enjoying this car more and more!

Last edited:
Very clean car, nice! Tell me, what did you think of those alpine type R's. I have two pair coming in the mail and hope they are a big upgrade. I also have a 95' in CA but mine is auto. Paid 2200 for mine with 102k on it. You lucky bastage, j/k.:p Enjoy it , beautiful car.

Back