Race Fuel at the SC Shootout

XR7 Dave

Just so everyone knows, Precision Autosports will have 100 octane unleaded race fuel on hand for approx $6.50/gal. I highly recommend that anyone with higher than stock boost consider at least mixing this 50/50 with pump gas in the classes where race fuel is allows (all but Stock class).

For most people this will mean having somewhere around 1/4 tank of 92-93 and then adding 4-5 gal of 100. This is unleaded fuel so there will be no detriment to your 02 sensors and it will raise your octane to about 96-97. This will provide you a margin of safety for the weekend as well as allow some people to pick up a few HP without significantly altering your tune.

I always recommend racing with 1/2 tank of gas to avoid fuel starvation in the last rounds! The faster your car the more important this is. For stockish cars on street tires you may run the tank lower if you want to save a little weight.

You'll need something to transport the fuel in as it is dispensed from a 55 gal drum. (Or borrow Duane's. He won't be using it for anything....)

Two quick comments. Last year they had 104 octane. Not this year? And last year they also had a guy walking around filling our tanks if we wanted out of their 5 gallon can. I think that is how they guarenteed a minimum purchase. Will they not do that this year??

If not, please put my name on the list you are starting for Duane. I understand that the usual bribes will be required. :D

Ira

so wait, why mix it 50/50 is it bad to be running 100 all the time? I thought that is what us high boost guys ran to play it safe :eek:

How would you suggest a person "run 100 all the time?"

Well, actually, there is a station by me that sells the CAM-2 non-leaded 100 at the pump, so I can easily fill up there regularly if I so choose. Of course, at $7.50 per gallon that is just not happening!! :eek:

Ira

hey, if you guys want I'm sure we can bring the 50 gallon drum out to the track again this year. or you can get it the day before at the shop. But I am willing to bed we will be bringing the drum to the track as well. Chris

hey, if you guys want I'm sure we can bring the 50 gallon drum out to the track again this year. or you can get it the day before at the shop. But I am willing to bed we will be bringing the drum to the track as well. Chris

Chris, wasn't that 104 octane you had last year??

Ira

Back