Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Radiator Group Buy - Raceware (CLOSED)

Aluminum Radiator Group Buy - Raceware (CLOSED)

Duffy has been working with Dave Gerard at Raceware for a couple of years now to produce a welded aluminum radiator and that unit has finally been built. It is a fully welded unit with no epoxy.

Dave Gerard is offering an initial group buy on these radiators that we will keep posted here for about six weeks. After that, I'm sure prices will be higher.

Pricing is as follows (INCLUDES Shipping to the Lower 48 US States, contact Dave for other locations.)

1-10 $564.95
    11-20 $524.95
    20 + $494.95

Please contact Dave directly for with questions and to purchase one of these aluminum radiators. Email is probably the best way to contact him.

Dave Gerard
    Raceware Inc.
    2880 Berrgey Rd.
    Unit E
    Hatfield, PA 19440

raceware15@comcast.net

Orders only: 877-343-7273
    Tech help: 215-345-7297

There is a 2 year warranty on workmanship. All rads will ship with a trans cooler. The filler neck will be modified so a right angle adaptor can be swapped side to side for the early and late models. Distilled water is highly recommended. 2 row core with 1.25 tubes. Duffy will bring the prototype to the Shoot Out.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thumbs up

AWESOME, i knew it was just a matter of time that we would have something like this available to us again.....SWEET....Very nice!.....Ill be the 1st to commit.

what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.

what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.
    There are two different stock style mounts. The earlier style rad can be mounted in all SC/XR7s by using the early style straight through mounting holes. I have not seen this prototype but the previous version had an elongated tab on the passenger side to accomodate all years.

Maybe Duffy or Dave can explain more about how this works.

George

You are correct.....this version uses an elongated tab so the stock bolt locations and bushing can be used. For you later model fellows you will need to get some bushings but will be able to use the stock rad. support bolt holes to mount the radiator. This was done so it was not necessary to make two different models which drives up the cost. Same for why all radiators will come with a tranny cooler. Also the reason you will be supplied with a right angle adaptor to be used with the coolant overflow so you can direct flow to the passenger side or driver's for your overflow tube to the reservoir.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)
    1992 5 Speed SC one of 1256
    1995 5 Speed SC one of 574

So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Floyd View Post
    So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.
    For the 20+ price I'd be interested. Also, can this be picked up at his shop as I live close by.
    Mike

I assume so but better ask Dave about that.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

me too

for the 20 and over price,cash in hand:

Spoke with Dave Gerard today

The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

interested

I'm interested one of these too.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Floyd View Post
    The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.
    shipping included..................now if 20 of us can get it done that is a sweet deal.
    cash is in hand and ready........really ready summers tough on the sc

Thumbs up

Wish this had come out a month ago as mine just went and had to replace it asap as it is my daily driver. This one looks alot better. Good luck with it.

I will be in for one as well, and of course I would prefer the 20 plus pricing but if we can't get that many I will still purchase one. As Robert said Texas heat and the SC don't make for a good combo!

Charles

Sign me up! 20 and up price would be great, but curing years of frustration with my cooling system would be worth it at whatever level.

Tony