Aluminum Radiator Group Buy - Raceware (CLOSED)

gldiii

SCCoA Lifetime Member
Duffy has been working with Dave Gerard at Raceware for a couple of years now to produce a welded aluminum radiator and that unit has finally been built. It is a fully welded unit with no epoxy.

Dave Gerard is offering an initial group buy on these radiators that we will keep posted here for about six weeks. After that, I'm sure prices will be higher.

Pricing is as follows (INCLUDES Shipping to the Lower 48 US States, contact Dave for other locations.)

1-10 $564.95
11-20 $524.95
20 + $494.95

Please contact Dave directly for with questions and to purchase one of these aluminum radiators. Email is probably the best way to contact him.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
2880 Berrgey Rd.
Unit E
Hatfield, PA 19440

raceware15@comcast.net

Orders only: 877-343-7273
Tech help: 215-345-7297

There is a 2 year warranty on workmanship. All rads will ship with a trans cooler. The filler neck will be modified so a right angle adaptor can be swapped side to side for the early and late models. Distilled water is highly recommended. 2 row core with 1.25” tubes. Duffy will bring the prototype to the Shoot Out.

Attachments

• SCOUPE1.jpg
    SCOUPE1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,425
  • SCOUPE2.jpg
    SCOUPE2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,024
  • SCOUPE3.jpg
    SCOUPE3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,378
AWESOME, i knew it was just a matter of time that we would have something like this available to us again.....SWEET....Very nice!.....Ill be the 1st to commit.

what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.

what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.

There are two different stock style mounts. The earlier style rad can be mounted in all SC/XR7s by using the early style straight through mounting holes. I have not seen this prototype but the previous version had an elongated tab on the passenger side to accomodate all years.

Maybe Duffy or Dave can explain more about how this works.

George

You are correct.....this version uses an elongated tab so the stock bolt locations and bushing can be used. For you later model fellows you will need to get some bushings but will be able to use the stock rad. support bolt holes to mount the radiator. This was done so it was not necessary to make two different models which drives up the cost. Same for why all radiators will come with a tranny cooler. Also the reason you will be supplied with a right angle adaptor to be used with the coolant overflow so you can direct flow to the passenger side or driver's for your overflow tube to the reservoir.

So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.

So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.

For the 20+ price I'd be interested. Also, can this be picked up at his shop as I live close by.
Mike

Spoke with Dave Gerard today

The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.

The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.

shipping included..................now if 20 of us can get it done that is a sweet deal.
cash is in hand and ready........really ready summers tough on the sc:D

Wish this had come out a month ago as mine just went and had to replace it asap as it is my daily driver. This one looks alot better. Good luck with it.

I will be in for one as well, and of course I would prefer the 20 plus pricing but if we can't get that many I will still purchase one. As Robert said Texas heat and the SC don't make for a good combo!

Charles

Sign me up! 20 and up price would be great, but curing years of frustration with my cooling system would be worth it at whatever level.

Tony

doesn't seem like theres very much interest here.
i re-read the original posting and it states to contact them directly for questions and order...
is anyone compiling a list?........how do we know how many are interested(seriously)so we know what price we are looking at.......
im ready when the other 19 are:)

Hi guys I just wanted to jump in an introduce myself and give you a little history about this project. I have been in the Performance Industy for well over 25 years starting as a crew member for a local bracket racer then on to the NHRA Super classes winning a national title in Super Gas and division titles in Super street and Super gas. From there I was recruted by Kenny Koretsky to work with his Pro Stock and Top Fuel Opperation before taking jobs with Jet-Hot Coatings and Transmission Specialties. My last racing effot was with the NMRA where my 5.0 Mustang set the national record in Pure Street. I open Raceware Inc. 9 years ago as a general speed shop but quickly realized their was a dire need for custom cooling systems. That's were Extreeme Cooling Concepts came from. We are a shop of 3 die hards that strive to put out the best product possible for your needs. With my back ground in the performace world and the skills of my fabricatiors both of wich have aerospace backrounds, I believe we make an unbeatable team and the proof is in the product.
As for this project Duffy and George approached me serveral years ago because of their disadifaction with another companies product. We tried to get Afco to built one and it was not much better. This spring Duffy contacted me and still felt there was the need, and with our total control of the product, produced the unit you see. This is a prototype so if there are any moditication you would like to see please contact me and we can make the changes. You guys are the exeprts on these cars so your help is appriciated.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
877-343-7273

Robert so far we have 7 people that say they are interested but 0 orders to date. We have created a part number(MC2010) for this unit so when you call or e-mail you order refer to that part number and year of the car.

Back