New Owner

Dan Protzek

picked a 1990 35th anniversary SC from Boise Idaho and brought it up to Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba) it has a 5 spd in it and is in pretty good shape I guess, the seats are all destroyed but the rest of the interior is perfect. the paint looks ok for the age of the car and im quite happy with it, already had to change out the starter and it leaks antifreeze out of the water pump (bad seal or pump im not sure yet)also leaks oil from somewhere, the car shifts pretty bad when it warms up, when it is cold you can shift it pretty nice. Warm - (1-2 is bad 2-3 is good 3-4 is bad and fifth is also good R - grinds)when your trying to shift from a stop or moving it seems like your hitting a brick wall and clunks pretty hard. the car has no mods other then I took out the air silencer and it has a K&N panel filter. I do have the original rims but the clearcoat is warn off and they look pretty dull. if anyone knows whats up with the shifting that would be cool. = Dan

Attachments

• SC.JPG
    SC.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 69
Nice. I am partial the the 35th's though. The original wheels look fantastic when propery refinished. Just check with local auto body shops, and I'm sure you will find one that sends wheels out to be refinished. Sounds like the synchros have worn out in your trans. You could also try a shifter rebuild or just put in a B&M Ripper. That may give more precise shifts, however it is likely in need of a rebuild. I was scared on transmissions here up until the last two weeks. I just helped a friend rebuilt his WC T-5 in his 95 Mustang GT. It really isn't bad if you have a good rebuild kit, and the space to properly take it apart and put it back together EXACTLY the same way it came out.. It can cost you about $800 or more to have one rebuilt, with a rebuild kit almost 1/2 of that cost...

Good luck to you!

Back