Still no tack

91bird

I have made some more progress and the car is running great. I still have no tack and my buddy that has the code reader is out of town and I will not be able to use it. Does anyone know which sensor or wires off the coil send the signal to the tack? I have tried changing the coil pack and same problem.
I have also traced the wires and can't find a problem. I am trying to keep the car from a visit to Canadian Tire for a 100 $ diagnostic. If I can get my tack working I think she is ready for a trip down the strip.
Any help would be appreciated.

Drew

I accidentally disconnected the tach when I removed the ECM in the passenger kick panel. There was a brown connector that got loose.

There's a gray wire with a rectangular black connector near your DIS harness. If that's disconnected your tach won't work. I found mine was disconnected after I installed a new cam sensor and my tach wasn't working. In my case, the black connector was broken so I had to tape it up.

Not sure what year yours, mine is a 93. There is a connector under the carpet right below the radio where the console bolts up. I diconnected it when I replaced my carpet and it killed the tach.

Back