MAF Function Table

007_SuperCoupe

I've been working on a project that has gotten more and more detailed. I'm now attempting to calculate the volumetric efficiency of an engine. It's simple enough...you simply divide the actual airflow by the theoretic airflow to get the VE. The problem is getting the actual airflow. Without hooking up an airmeter to tell you, it's a crap shoot. But our MAF can tell us approximately the airflow so that I can determine the VE without doing much more than datalogging the eec. That leads me to what I need...the MAF funtion table. My understanding is that it's a table with about 30 different points (voltage) with corresponding flow in kg/h. I need this information so that I can incorporate it into the rather large spreadsheet I've been building. I'm not sure if it is the same as other Ford MAF functions or not. If it is the same, then I've got the information, but if it's different for the SC, I need the SC specific one(s). I suspect that the SC ones are different that other Ford ones, but I don't know for sure.

The actual table in the EEC in the early cars was based on voltage to lbm/tick which is lbs per minute per clock tick. Fortunately most of the tuning software now does this conversion for you so you would see volts to either kgs/hour or lbs/hour.

For the SC I believe all the years used the same formula, but the 94/95 cars had a faster processor. This meant that the MAF transfer lookup table would actually be different on the older cars compared to the newer cars if using the same MAF meter and precisly tuning it for that car.

But its beginning to look like its ok to be close but not neccessarily accurate when tuning a car ;). Guess the general statement close enough can be changed to...

Close enough only counts in horse shoes, grenades, and tuning SC's :D

FWIW, Ford changed that strategy around '96 I believe, then changed again around 2002 or something like that.

I'm actually looking for the table. I understand the theory and all...I just need the data. I need to know what voltage corresponds to what flow rate. I haven't gotten into tuning my own SC, so I don't have the tuning software where some of that information may be available. Honestly, at this point, I don't have any desire to start tuning my SC either. I just want the stock table so my data in my spreadsheet will be accurate.

Back