First Time On The Track (Video's And Pics)

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
scan0001-1.jpg

I'm T112 :( I did start the night with a 10.9 but the car was really warm from the 60mi drive.

I had 2 car seats and about 80lbs of crap in the trunk of the car 3/4 tank of gas and 85f+ outside.. Seems like a real turd off the line but half track it will scream... Only saw about 9psi tonight i'm sure thats not helping anything but for some reason i was catching up fast to the high 8's cars/trucks once i got past half track or so.. The lightning I ran had DR's, K&N a pulley and exhaust and he was running high 8's. Guy said normaly he ran low-8's but the heat was killing him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoyesRX2mnQ

Lightning:
Reaction .773
60' 2.029
ET 8.903
MPH 79.502

Me:
Reaction 1.010 (Terrible)
60' 2.302
ET 10.059
mph 71.854

I had no tire-spin whatsoever on any of my runs.. Somthing is just not quite right with the car yet..

I also ran the IC and engine fan for 30mins or so between runs with the hood open..

Video's and pics soon to follow... (stupid slow azz dsl.....)

Last edited:
The only thing that made me feel any better was the fact that a guy had a c5 vette and was only running 10.9/11.2's...

Wow, that seems really slow for some reason. I would've tried putting ice on the intercooler, tubing, etc.

I can't say much, I doubt my car is any faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSf68TxQFw

This was my best time run....

Car just doesent want to get going off the line for some reason.. Seems that i had higher MPH's than most running low 10's I wonder how crappy this would be in a 1/4 mile?? Why am i sucking off the line but i start to catch up with the lightning later on?? I know heat is hurting me.. Im about to yank the condensor and look for a short one.. I also want to get the filter down in the spotwhere the air silencer was..I noticed that my MAf was so hot that i couldnt hardly touch it! In the run in the video I had let it cool down enough where i could touch the IC and the blower top.. I manualy shifted at 5900rpm or so.. The car has way more low-end pull when its 50/60 degree's outside so i dunno, low boost cant be helping anything eaither, Im working on getting a 10% crank and 5% JS pulley so maybe i can get back over 10psi again running 15% instead of 5%

Last edited:
Do you have a chip on that car?

1. Your running a mild cam there, so if your not, it might not hurt to look at getting one so you can take advantage of whats sitting there.

2. If you think you have heat problems now, then don't even try the 15% unless your running an MP3 or MPx blower. The 5% on that blower now is generating heat. Older stock (even ported) M90 become just big heat pumps when overdriven much more than 5%.

3. Hopefully you didn't do any porting on the exhaust ports in the head without welding up first?

I'd start looking at MAF and injector upgrades as well. TB can come later if your short on cash, as its not a big HP upgrade until you replace the inlet plenum with a bigger one.

Last edited:
The biggest problem is the lack of fuel availability and tuning. You can't run lots of OD because you'll be out of fuel and risk blowing up the motor. You have to fix that before considering more OD. Bigger injectors means a tune as well.

It can be tuned as is but it would be money wasted since bigger injector are necessary anyway.

I dont plan on ODing anymore untill i get injectors and maf.. I plan on installing injectors,maf and 15% od all at once.. But i still don't see why it has no pull off the line.. Seems that somthing else is wrong?? As i said it pulls real well at 4000rpm+

Do you have a chip on that car?

3. Hopefully you didn't do any porting on the exhaust ports in the head without welding up first?

The only thing i did to the exhaust ports was clean them up a little and polish them.. Intake ports on heads are gasket matched same as the intake manifold the inlet pleneum, etc. + i took the ring out of the exhaust manifolds. The blower inlet is ported but you cant do much with the early model.. Outlet is ported alot more than the inlet so i wonder if i just over-did it? If i had a stock blower laying around id just swap it i think i would get alot of my power back silly as it sounds.. I also wonder about my exhaust... I have gutted cats and factory resonator and mufflers still. I seriously wonder if you get a drone with just the factory mufflers??

............. factory resonator................

OUCH!!!! thats the worse spot of the entire exhaust.. you would have been better leaving the cats alone and at least getting rid of that..... that should be the very next thing you do.

I ran with the cats, no resonator and factory muffs and had no droning. I don't know what it would do with no cats, no resonator and factory muffs, but honestly I'd rather have some drone than running that resonator.

Food for thought ;)

Well i had one cat come apart so i just gutted them.. Im exempt from testing here so i said what the hell... I thought about replacing the resonator with 2 glasspacks and a y-pipe and leave the stock mufflers on.. Id think that would take care of any droning..

Yeah I would say something is going on cause my 91 auto ran 9.68 in the 1/8 bone stock with a 2.15 60ft.1/4 et was 15.12@90.72.And I had a little wheel spin out of the hole so I probably could have got a hair better 60 if it dead hooked and maybe a 14.9 but I'll never know since I torn it all down and changed everything.I would think with you're mods you'd be running faster maybe you did go overboard on you're outlet side of you're blower.Where are you located I still have the stock blower off my car if you're close you can borrow it to see if it brings back some of you're low end power.

Jay

Nobody has thought of belt slippage at all or does anybody think that 5900 is pretty high.

My 93 Auto before the stick conversion would lose 3tenths in the 1/4 if I shifted it at or after the normal shift point. Mabye?

jOe

Back