SC Shootout Dyno Competition IMPORTANT NOTICE

XR7 Dave

Due to the overwhelming level of participation this year we will need to move up our start time for the dyno competition. We will be starting at 9:30 AM on Friday. If you will be arriving during the day on Friday we need at least 25 people to sign up for dyno pulls on Friday. We won't have a specific schedule but we will have an order which will give you an approximate time to be there.

Please post below if and when you can do your dyno pull on Friday. Thanks!

1. 09:30 - Chris Davis

2. 10:15 - Mike Irving
  3. 10:30 - Brian Oatway
  4. 10:45 - Greg Whited
  5. 11:00 - Casey McCarty
  6. 11:15 - Jerrod Imerbthama
  7. 11:30 - Bill Schlabach
  8. 11:45 - Dan Thornsberry
  9. 12:00 - Anthony Arnold

10. 1:00 - Chris Keggan

11. 3:00 - Doug Debiase
  12. 3:15 - Micah Miller
  13. 3:30 - Dan Sly
  14. 3:45 - Tony Serno

15. 4:00 - Chad Braithwaite

16. 4:30 - James Smith

Anyone else arriving Friday please let us know so we can schedule you.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I believe I can dyno on Friday and am open to when it can be best scheduled for the group. Just let me know.

Ira

Arriving Late

Dave,
I should be arriving around 3:00 pm, so depending how late the dyno is open I might be able to go late afternoon if you really need to get some more in on Friday, let me know so I can plan accordingly, and perhaps bump up my start time if need be.

Smitty

Dave I plan to be there early friday and can be available anytime it is convenient for you--heck I will give you the keys and let you do it anytime you can work it in---I sure hope we can get near 200hp out of it...LOL...Mat is going to have the green Mustang there too for you...Oh and Sally is wanting a flip chip put in and tuned so she can kick Anthony's rear............Dan Thornsberry

I dont know about all that post above me there... She has already seen the light and knows I have the biggest trophy. I defeated her in the finals of Trophy class!!!!!!!

But our cars will be there early... :D

Ummm, i wont be ready until after 12. I am working until noon on friday dave. Also...camers dyno or precisions dyno. wouldn't make sense to use two different dynos for the same compettion...since one is a mustang dyno and one is a eddie current. Chris

Last edited:
Ummm, i wont be ready until after 12. I am working until noon on friday dave. Also...camers dyno or precisions dyno. wouldn't make sense to use two different dynos for the same compettion...since one is a mustang dyno and one is a eddie current. Chris

Huh? Who has the mustang dyno? All competition dyno pulls will be done on the same dyno. I guess I assumed you'd have your car at Precision and let Davis take care of it. Guess not, huh? So much for assuming things. :cool:

I'll put you down for later. What time after 12 can you be there?

Dave I plan to be there early friday and can be available anytime it is convenient for you--heck I will give you the keys and let you do it anytime you can work it in---I sure hope we can get near 200hp out of it...LOL...Mat is going to have the green Mustang there too for you...Oh and Sally is wanting a flip chip put in and tuned so she can kick Anthony's rear............Dan Thornsberry

Dan, just to be sure you understand, anyone who wants tuning must meet me at the dyno listed for tuning. The tuning is SEPARATE from the shootout. No tuning will be done at Precision Autosports.

Everyone please understand this. Check out the thread in the Group Purchases forum for details on tuning. Tuning is not part of the Shootout. It is something I am personally offering off-site. Because I will be tuning on Friday at a different location I will NOT be at the dyno competition until Saturday. Any questions please PM me.

Thanks,

David

Oh, well I was going by the 12:00 - 7:00 shown on this page - http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventItinerary.htm

I guess I get the luck of the hat for Sat. then :cool:.

Yes, the competition may last as late as 7:00pm but the dyno doesn't want to schedule people after 4:30. You may notice that people are booked at 15 minute intervals. I seriously doubt we will be able to keep that schedule so we allow cushion time. Your dyno time is when you need to be there, not necessarily exactly when you get on the dyno.

I think, Ben that it would be a great idea for you to come to the dyno around 4:30 or so and see if you can get on before they close up. Anyone we can get done on Friday will just be that much better for Saturday. Sorry for any confusion. Oh, and bring a couple bags of ice with you. ;)

Do you think the ice is really necessary even on my totally stock engine? (CAI doesn't count)

I probably will still show up when I get there, but I also want to find a car wash to hang around for a while (7.5 hour drive, probably going to get a few bugs on my front end). Know of any within the area?

Dave, just put mine and Sally's car and Matt's car behind Dan's. We will all be there at the same time. 12:15 12:30 12:45 would get the 3 of us finished up..

Last edited:
Back