The List

Well, the seals have been replaced in the white SC's transmission. Now that I am back from the Shootout I can get started on putting the motor back in.:) The titanium SC will probably not see the road for a while if ever again. Drive and O/D are out in the tranny and the rust might be beyond repair. Going to put it on the lift at the muffler shop in a couple weeks to check out the bottom side.:(

I don't think he was there but I didn't get to meet everyone. I don't remember his name on the dyno list either.

i'm defintely thinking its the water pump gasket! it looks like a hack job.. best thing we can do is get it off and get a gasket for it. (i.e., do it right) saturday then? :)

Yeah Saturday sounds good. If its not the water pump i am in deep **** between now and then i am going to have to top off the antifreeze everyday :eek:

lolz. i remember doing the antifreeze shuffle on my lx, just make DAMN sure you dont get it hot. if it gets above 'm'.. park it. trust me, you dont want to do headgaskets too.

Yeah i been watching the gauge really close but to be honest its been riding cold probly because i have been driving it like a grandma

When I blew HG's a few years ago, my temp gauge never got too high unless I was in town. I never really got stuck in traffic - I always had airflow but just not too much at times due to speed or cars. Not sure how that engine turned out - I don't remember tearing it down to look. Mostly due to having the other motor.

-Melon

Going back to the original post on this here thread.....

Do any of you have actual times, from an actual drag strip, of your cars as they currently operate? Its been a long time since I raced, and most of you I've never had the chance to see run so I'm kinda out of the loop as to just what kind of times are being run here...

well me and danny raced and i had a k@n cone and a catback and that's it
PLUS with the 180t-stat /10%pulley /ic fan/ cold air fenderwell kit that i have know oh and the gutted cat's and downtubes and no resonater/ fins cut out of bumper with new air damn / AND A 8,000 MILE REBUILT TRANNY
i THINK A 14.7 TO 14.9 ON A COOL NIGHT IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION
Oh and tyler bring cash please i don't take checks. I WOULD SETTLE FOR A DATE WITH YOUR GF OR JUST A STEAK DINNER. LOL

Dreamin'.....

I don't think so Jason. Low 15's would be more realistic. Are you going to put a shift kit in the replacement tranny? You might as well.

Danny

Back