10 months later... before and after pics. 56k.

The_Ghost

I know this is SCCoA but I thought I'd throw up some pictures of what I've been up to since my SC blow'd up.

Hey, it's still a tbird of the correct generation, right??

so anyways, I was going through the photo album the other day and found pics of my current car as it sat the day I bought it from porkchop.

It's kinda neat to see how crappy it looked then as opposed to how I've got it looking now.

On a sidenote, I am a huge transformers geek and added two autobot emblems to the car, both of which are magnets and can be removed without damaging the paint.

I've also gone emblem crazy and am considering changing my username to Shadow_LX... check the pics on that.

But anyways, here are some photos for your review:

Front Before:
IMG_6767.jpg

Front AFTER:
DSC04999.jpg

or
DSCF0522.jpg

Rear Before:
IMG_6768.jpg

LOL Porkchop is in the background!!!

Rear AFTER:
DSCF0515.jpg

one more post

Last edited:
ENGINE before:
IMG_6774.jpg

Engine AFTER:
DSCF0524.jpg

Car with PORKCHOP's HID projectors:
currentlightingday.jpg

Car with MY HID projectors:
DSCF0447.jpg

And here's a really nifty photo I took after Chevy Rev It Up at El Toro Air Base in Irvine, CA
DSCF0484.jpg

What I've done:
Added a bodykit (DUH)
Fixed hood/front bumper alignment-- both now sit FLUSH with each other and not all staggered.
Removed junkyard paint from hood, claybar'd, washed and waxed hood-- now glossy like the rest of the car.
Painted NUMEROUS scuffs, scrapes and dings.
Painted the spoiler (it was primered black when I bought it)
Added an HID projector retrofit kit (unique setup)
Fixed the transmission wiring harness
Replaced the cracked leather seats with nice, unblemished grey leather seats from a 97 Cougar XR7
Driven a lot
Sparkplugs and wires
Added Phenolic intake spacer
Replaced stock airbox, added K&N panel filter (when I sold the RichardM intake tube)
Replaced wheels/tires. Had a set of BLACK 89-93 SC wheels with chrome centercaps and tires with the metal bands showing through and sticking out all jagged. Now has stock SC wheels with Michelin Green-X tires.
Added 97 center console (I have cupholders)
Changed Stereo
Added Aluminum Spare
Replaced 3.73 t-lock rear differential with SC auto 3.27 T-lock unit.
Replaced radiator
Replaced Power Steering lines
Added LED taillights (outers)
Replaced Driver's side LED panel.
Added miscellaneous tbird emblems.
Added AUTOBOT emblems.
Replaced ADDCO rear swaybar with SC swaybar. Car handles better with SC bar, and will oversteer predictably.
CLEANED ENGINE BAY.

Actually, that's a pretty long list!! I think I've done a lot!

So what do you think?

Improvement for better or for worse?

COMMENTS PLEASE

-Ghost

Last edited:
i thought there would've been more done to the engine, but it looks like u went the cosmetic route. it looks great tho....wish i had a black 'bird.

it's been a matter of fixing what is wrong first.

the engine is lightly modified and puts down a very, very sorry 197rwhp iirc and around 260ft/lb torque. Those numbers are really, really sad.

I just got a set of 8 30lb/hr injectors for it... there will be other mods at some point to go with the injectors at the same time...

I appreciate the comments!

-Ghost

I live at my parents house, and they were not about to let me do ANOTHER engine swap in their driveway...

-Ghost

Back