first non nitrous car in the 10's with video on page 3

Actually, Anthony, I saw that car driving on the streets! He drove from the car show parking lot to the other parking lot where the trailer was :) J/K Kevin, that car is badazz. I still can't get over how clean it looks and how well it is doing on the motor. Kudos on the 10.90's for sure, just too bad we didn't get to see more of it. Knowing the troubles you had before the event I think it's a pretty amazing effort. *thumbs up*

P.S. Kevin's car is more of a street car than Shanes :)

Didn't he leave the parking lot at the hotel and took it to dinner Friday night?

True....I didn't know it was so obvious :eek:

David

Bro me, Jr and Scott saw the look on your face and it was like you lost your dog LoL.. All in good fun though you still won your class and your car DOES go like a raped ape regardless of the traction problems you were having this weekend..

Actually, Anthony, I saw that car driving on the streets! He drove from the car show parking lot to the other parking lot where the trailer was :) J/K Kevin, that car is badazz. I still can't get over how clean it looks and how well it is doing on the motor. Kudos on the 10.90's for sure, just too bad we didn't get to see more of it. Knowing the troubles you had before the event I think it's a pretty amazing effort. *thumbs up*

Now that does qualify as a street car then!!! He drove across the street!!! There ya go Kevin, it is unanimous, your car is streetable!! LOL

When I was talking to Kevin at the car show we were joking about how people think that his car isnt streetable and that it is only a "Race Car"... What is funny is my car is much slower than his and I get that stuff about how mine cant be streetable??? I drive it to work, 37 miles each way, at least 2 to 3 times a week, weather permitting. I also drove my car home from Dayton to Stamping Ground, 170 miles pulled in my driveway, locked her up and went in to crash......

Now that does qualify as a street car then!!! He drove across the street!!! There ya go Kevin, it is unanimous, your car is streetable!! LOL

When I was talking to Kevin at the car show we were joking about how people think that his car isnt streetable and that it is only a "Race Car"... What is funny is my car is much slower than his and I get that stuff about how mine cant be streetable??? I drive it to work, 37 miles each way, at least 2 to 3 times a week, weather permitting. I also drove my car home from Dayton to Stamping Ground, 170 miles pulled in my driveway, locked her up and went in to crash......

Im still trying to find the front struts on his car.. He should of been disqualified!!! LoL

The a major understatement :) My car has no brake lights, no head lights, no turn signals, thats just a small list of things that make my car not street legal. I'm really surprised that those two cops that were sitting across the street from the car show didn't come after me when I drove my car out on the street to get to the dyno.

Shane

PS, Congrates Kevin on the spectacular run!

that seems to be the popular vote right now. definately not the pump. i have pressure at the lines. might be a good excuse to powerglide it now!!

Input shaft isn't that big of a deal. A hardened 300m one would probably do the trick and be alot less work than a 2 spd swap. I think the c4 can be built to handle these machines and sense you've already done the work to put it in , it would probably be easier to beef it up a little. The industry has put out alot of parts to improve a c4 transmission. I never thought that little thing could handle what people are making them handle now.
Alan

Maybe im old school here but why not use the old C6? Is it thats its to heavy? That was the trans of choice years ago.
Im hopeing to make the shoot out next year with the 91.

Maybe im old school here but why not use the old C6? Is it thats its to heavy? That was the trans of choice years ago.

As I recall Kevin saying a C4 bolts into a Super Coupe with only a slight modification to the cross member.. You can even use the stock driveshaft.. Cant do that with a C6

Input shaft isn't that big of a deal. A hardened 300m one would probably do the trick and be alot less work than a 2 spd swap. I think the c4 can be built to handle these machines and sense you've already done the work to put it in , it would probably be easier to beef it up a little. The industry has put out alot of parts to improve a c4 transmission. I never thought that little thing could handle what people are making them handle now.
Alan

alan, it already has just about everything in it. the input shaft if fine. whatever it engages to is stripped. was told it would handle 1000HP. i am getting it fixed to run the rest of the year, but i will still get a glide. the 2 speed will be an easy swap also.

yes WAY too heavy and eats too much HP. people chose a C6 because in stock form they can handle the HP. just a cheap way out but not the right way if you want to go as fast as possible

A friend of mine kept stripping the splines in the converter. And that was in a fox body with a 331 and a novi 2000 blower @17 PSI. That car had 531 at the rear wheels. It was an Art Carr C-4 Though....

A friend of mine kept stripping the splines in the converter. And that was in a fox body with a 331 and a novi 2000 blower @17 PSI. That car had 531 at the rear wheels. It was an Art Carr C-4 Though....

mine is an Art Carr also. well at least my converter is alright. I am curious to find out if all the race parts are actually in the tranny. I am having my doubts

Back