Auto vs Manual Dash Wiring - Differences?

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Have a 93 SC 5 speed - currently without a dash.

My question on dash replacement is this:

Does the said have to be from a 5 speed related SC...and if so, which years will work? I have a dash from a 93 5 speed that I purchased a few weeks back but upon installation noticed the harness that connects to the 5 speed was chopped by the person who took the trans. so thought I was in good shape and now back at quare one.

Before I run to the yards today it would be good to know.

Thanks for any advise.

-Tim

I swapped my 92 from an auto to a 5spd. I took the trans harness from the five speed which connected right underneath the dash by the shifter. Everything else was there in the 92 including the wiring for the clutch pedal, for that I had to remove a "dead plug." The computer in the 92 was not affected by the change. Theres a pretty good link out there that will walk you through the complete process of the swap.

Went to the junk yard yesterday lucky enough they just got a 1993 LX that had the same features my SC has. It was a direct swap just had to remove the wiring for auto trans.

Anyways its nice to have a fully functional dash in the car.

-Tim

auto to manual link? what is the link

I swapped my 92 from an auto to a 5spd. I took the trans harness from the five speed which connected right underneath the dash by the shifter. Everything else was there in the 92 including the wiring for the clutch pedal, for that I had to remove a "dead plug." The computer in the 92 was not affected by the change. Theres a pretty good link out there that will walk you through the complete process of the swap.

doing this swap now, what is the link for the swap? thanks dave

Back