Interest in an SC/XR7 autocross event?

Would you participate in an SC/XR7 autocross event?

• Total voters

quick35th

Guys I would like to know if I were to set up an SC/XR7 autocross event who would consider showing up for it. I want to gauge how much interest there even is in such an event before I attempt to set something up. So please let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Shane

It would depend on location and the date, but I would be interested. However, I really don't see there being much of a turnout.

-Rod

+1

Might be tough to get enough cars to make an event out of it.

Shane, are there any Ford or Mustang clubs local to you that stage an autocross event? If so, what about starting by hooking up with them, and running a specific SC class(es).

cheers
Ed N.

I love the twisties but AOD sucks for that, but if it was within a few hours Id surely show up to watch/fim and do a burnout in the parking lot:D

Can I show up in my "other" SC??

My Saturn SC2 with 213K miles on it that is.:rolleyes:
Hey I just threw in a new set of KYB struts too. ;)
The originals had 213K miles on them and the car rode like crap. Should handle good in a small autocross event too. heh.

+1 too. I have done it a few times & matched the mustang/camaro drivers.
57 sec. It will reveal car & driver for sure.

I would like to try it out after I get my SC back on the road.It'd be nice to try out the suspension and brake upgrades I've done on a timed event.

Jay

Didn't vote because it depends on condition of car. Last SC I brought out of mothballs is my wife's car. Sold off 3 of my MOPAR's as well. Depends on when your doing it, but of course I am interested if on a Saturday in your area or OK.

yea it's real fun im working on my suspension over the winter.
so it will be ready for next season sence i had to start over with this car,because my 96 got totaled.

Lets add another question to this thread. Who would honestly travel to Columbus, OH for an autocross event? It would not be an SC/XR7 only event but it would be tied into the local SCCA region's event. Typically events are on sundays so if people would want saturday we could have a bbq and maybe hit up a car show or something.

Guys give me your opinions.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Shane, I think that we would have to make it an all weekend event to attract the out-of-towners. I'd love to do an autocross with the gang, but I'm not going to drive 7 hours for a single day event!!

cheers
Ed N.

Shane, I think that we would have to make it an all weekend event to attract the out-of-towners. I'd love to do an autocross with the gang, but I'm not going to drive 7 hours for a single day event!!

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

Thats exactly why I had mentioned something like a bbq or car show in addition to the autocross event. There are only a few times a year that there are back to back solo II events on the same weekend.

Here is the 2008 solo II schedule for the Ohio Valley Region:

Name Date Location
Test N Tune 04-13-2008, Sun Cooper Stadium
Points #1 04-19-2008, Sat National Trail Raceway
Driver School 05-03-2008, Sat OSU Ackerman Lot
Points #2 05-04-2008, Sun OSU Ackerman Lot
Points #3 05-18-2008, Sun OSU Ackerman Lot
GASS 05-31-2008, Sat Cooper Stadium
GASS 06-01-2008, Sun Cooper Stadium
Points #5 06-15-2008, Sun OSU Ackerman Lot
Street Survival 07-12-2008, Sat OSU Ackerman Lot
Street Survival 07-13-2008, Sun OSU Ackerman Lot
Points #6 07-20-2008, Sun National Trail Raceway
Points #7 08-10-2008, Sun OSU Ackerman Lot
Points #8 08-23-2008, Sat Cooper Stadium
Points #9 08-24-2008, Sun Cooper Stadium
Points #10 09-28-2008, Sun Cooper Stadium
Points #11 10-18-2008, Sat National Trail Raceway
Fun Event 11-02-2008, Sun Cooper Stadium

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Who would honestly travel to Columbus, OH for an autocross event? It would not be an SC/XR7 only event but it would be tied into the local SCCA region's event.

It would have to be a pretty big event (in terms of SC/XR7 participation) before I'd consider traveling that far for autocross. I can run SOLO2 here in St. Louis.

-Rod

I think the best way to do this is to hook up with those in TCCoA who do it, like up in KS and OK, or with a local SHO club. SHO folks usually corner all the time and seldom go to a drag strip. Good guys too who need to be shown what an SC will do.

Id love to auto cross but i'd rather do it with my mustang! autos suck... even though the sc handles better i feel more comfertable pushing the stang in the corners since i have more control.

Back