CEL ...but no problems that i can tell...

NightMare3.8

I just noticed this today.. my check engine light comes on and my check gauge light comes on as well, AND my oil pressure gauge drops below the red:confused::confused: I havent noticed anything when like stalling or powerloss or anything...but after around like 2 mins it all goes away?? any ideas on problems??

The check gauge light comes on when the oil pressure gauge drops down so thats whats causing that light. Check the wire going to your oil pressure switch that is located on the motor on the drivers side of the water pump. Considering everything is happening at once I'd be more concerned on what really is happening with oil pressure etc.

Get a code reader and see if you can get any codes.

alright ill take it to my buddys shop and we can put it on a scanner. ill let ya know what codes it brings up...but today when i was leaving i was letting it warm up and it droped to like 400 RMPS and just kinda starting shaking really bad and then went up a bit higher but droped again and did all over in about 10 secs or so...but no light and after that all was fine..

Make sure you aren't low on oil. I was once and when I went around a sharp curve the check gauge light came on and the oil gauge was bottomed out. Leveled out and it went up. Car was 2 qts low on oil. This was years ago.

The check engine light has nothing to do with the check gauge. Pull codes and see what it's trying to tell you.

Back