the fix looks pretty good(got hit in the sc yesterday )

92sclikenew

well yesterday i was stopping for a yellow light, some guy in an f150 behind me deicides he is gonna try to make the light and floors his throttle well now my sc is smashed not bad good thing for full coverage insureance, and him being at fault.

its going to see the shop monday hope they fix it.

can they still get new trunk lights that work..

i got some pics they are on my cell im gonna gets some with a cam today..

the only major damage is it needs a new truck lid,deck lights, drivers side tail light new bumper.

when i was driving from the seen the cars trans felt like it had some kind of play to it

the trunk were the molding go's around to keep water out the trunk, well if you pull it off about next to the drivers side smashed tail light it is bent in like inch 1/2, not all smashed but pushed in.... i really didnt drive the car much like a mile way from my mom and dads house. took it there but it didnt seem to messed up

i was looking underneath and the main part or the car underneath all looks fine the 1/4s on both sides aint smashed in no rinkals and the passager side tail light aint even broken

so as it stands now the list of the parts that the car needs is
deck lid lights,deck lid,bumper, left tail light.... \
can they still get these parts new i dont want no junk on my car.... lol

i know my car wasnt perfect but it was pretty damn nice for its age ill keep you guys posted and soon as i get pics ill put them up.. prob sounds worse then what it really is..

I had that happen to me. good thing too cause my rear skirt had a crack in it from when I bought it. You couldn't tell though cause it was -30 at the time and it just shattered into 100 pieces. If I remember right I think it was close to 2000.00 at the time...no lights damaged either, just the skirt.

We gotta be careful...to much damage minus the blue book value (which is f'n low) = write off!!

It doesnt take much damage to total out a 92 car. If the total damage equals 70% of the whosale value they will total it. The insurance company wont care if its a SC or a LX to them its a 92 Ford which aint worth nothing.Fight with them if they want to total your car tell them you dont want the money you want your car fixed or replace with you had. Dont let them total your car it will brand it useless FOREVER even if you fix ityou wont be able to sell it or register it legally. Good Luck

Problem in MI is your insurance is going to cover your car, you can go after him for your deductible though. Gotta love NO FAULT insurance. I hated that about living in MI. Hope your rates don't go up. Good luck with the repairs, hopefully it'll be good as new in a few weeks.

...Dont let them total your car it will brand it useless FOREVER even if you fix ityou wont be able to sell it or register it legally. Good Luck

You can title, register and sell a car that's had a salvage title; I've done it. I bought my 90XR7 on a salvage title after it had encountered an ignition switch fire. The original owner's insurance company totaled the car, and sold it to a salvage/rebuilder operation. The state issued a salvage title. It was then sold to another individual intact, and sat for 8 years. I bought it from him, and restored the car.

You just need to submit paperwork to the state showing the car has been repaired and inspected, and you're back in business. Of course, the new title will show "rebuilt", but it can be licensed and sold as usual.

JD

You used to be able to get a rebuilt title for a car in Florida but now insurance companies issue a certificate of destruction for totaled out cars. Insurance companies have started this in the post Katrina era. My understanding this will be a nationwise policy.If you look you wil see that most totaled cars are sold only for parts or export.It may be different in Michagan but the fact of the matter remains once a car is branded a total it will always show on a Carfax report. Just fight with them dont let them total it , remember you cant replace our cars because they were special limited production cars no less important than cars like a Corvette or any other collector car.

It doesnt take much damage to total out a 92 car. If the total damage equals 70% of the whosale value they will total it. The insurance company wont care if its a SC or a LX to them its a 92 Ford which aint worth nothing.Fight with them if they want to total your car tell them you dont want the money you want your car fixed or replace with you had. Dont let them total your car it will brand it useless FOREVER even if you fix ityou wont be able to sell it or register it legally. Good Luck

well the car is in my parents name like i said b4 im only 21 years old.. no credit sucks when your 18..

car had a $6200 lean on it and there is still 1200 to be paid to the loan place which is thru the insureance.. i have state farm, they called today this after noon said that every thing is cover'd

my only worry is not getting sc tail lights or getting stuck with non working sc lights that dont light.. mine were perfect i have pics of the car b4 ( sorry couldnt get pic's of after today, went to the hospital because i got some bad whip lash and had to get somthing for pain).

and if they plain to total the car im ether gonna say no and keep it cuz i could fix it my self and its got a ok amount of mods on it, or have them sell it to me if its cheaper then the pay off:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i will not let it go 2 the yard for this little bit of damage..

i added a few nice pics like first is from like 2-3 months after i bought the car the 2nd is like 1 1/2 ago ,3nd set are like 8 months ago and to this day it looks just as nice

and what do most of you think my chances of this car looking nice on paint matching... also my mom said to the insureance this is an sc its a way more rare car they said we know

because if i end up fixing it my self i know you kind people on here can get me the parts that would be needed:D:D

Attachments

• DSC04815.JPG
    DSC04815.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF0796.JPG
    DSCF0796.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 98
  • MY CAR PIC4.JPG
    MY CAR PIC4.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 112
  • MY CAR PIC5.JPG
    MY CAR PIC5.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
here are the after pics
almost $1800

i guess the insureance only covers up to 75% of the cars vaule in damage and it was at 77% and the said yes ok fix it

Attachments

• DSC01112.JPG
    DSC01112.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC01114.JPG
    DSC01114.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC01121.JPG
    DSC01121.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01115.JPG
    DSC01115.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 137
another pic

my poor sc
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:eek:

Attachments

• DSC01111.JPG
    DSC01111.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01113.JPG
    DSC01113.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
You may find more damage once the crushed panels are removed which will drive the price up considerably. If the trunk floor is wrinkled or there is damage to the structural supports of the body or frame, they will more than likely go back and tell you they will not cover the repairs. I am finding this out with our 2003 Monte Carlo SS which was rearended about a week and half ago. The shop got the bumper, decklid and all the interior trunk panels out and found alot more damage than was first noted. Now the insurance comapnies are fighting it out over whether to total it out or not. This should be fun...NOT!!!!!! :mad:
Either, way, good luck!

You may find more damage once the crushed panels are removed which will drive the price up considerably. If the trunk floor is wrinkled or there is damage to the structural supports of the body or frame, they will more than likely go back and tell you they will not cover the repairs. I am finding this out with our 2003 Monte Carlo SS which was rearended about a week and half ago. The shop got the bumper, decklid and all the interior trunk panels out and found alot more damage than was first noted. Now the insurance comapnies are fighting it out over whether to total it out or not. This should be fun...NOT!!!!!! :mad:
Either, way, good luck!

i hope i hope it will not get total'd

i understand all that, but this guys insureance is being sued for the damage if that even matters..

well i got a list of parts and damage fix's

also on top of all this any days i miss on work is paid any thing that is messed up is paid ether my back to the car i been told the car is 100% cover'd

and with the damage % the car called the insurance to tell them that the car is more then worth the price in repairs so far

ill buy the car back total'd if it gets to that point ether to part out or atleast pull the moded parts
or just fix it my self long as the car aint gonna fall apart and it looks as if nothing happen i dont care really

i added some pics of copys of the invoice for fixing the car

Attachments

• DSCF1536.JPG
    DSCF1536.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF1539.JPG
    DSCF1539.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
damn, another set of good LED's trashed !! :mad::)

did the truck have a tow hitch or bumper gaurd on it ?

had a push gaurd on front

i know i told the shop my rear trunk lights better work cuz they did b4 or its coming back he kind of studderd like uh.. so were see

that blows...when my SC was backed into it caused 1,120.xx in damage to door pins, drive fender, door, bumper, Conner light, and moldings...

btw...them lil damn moldings are 70 bucks for the one (1) on the rear of the driver side fender and 120 for the one on the door.. :eek:i ended up selling the SC for 1,500...paid 1k for it...plus the insurance check...i made over 1,600 off of it and put about 250 in it...plus got rid of about half of the rear tire tread :D....

fight it if they total it...they will take into consideration lower mileage nice paint no rust ect...what saved me on m car because they wanted to total it :mad::mad::mad::mad: took about 6 few hour calls to finally settle on a price...

good luck...you will need it...

EDIT: you should go check you trunk hinges...looks like the trunk got the brute of the impact..wouldn't be surprised if the mounting points are ripped or torn.

that blows...when my SC was backed into it caused 1,120.xx in damage to door pins, drive fender, door, bumper, Conner light, and moldings...

btw...them lil damn moldings are 70 bucks for the one (1) on the rear of the driver side fender and 120 for the one on the door.. :eek:i ended up selling the SC for 1,500...paid 1k for it...plus the insurance check...i made over 1,600 off of it and put about 250 in it...plus got rid of about half of the rear tire tread :D....

fight it if they total it...they will take into consideration lower mileage nice paint no rust ect...what saved me on m car because they wanted to total it :mad::mad::mad::mad: took about 6 few hour calls to finally settle on a price...

good luck...you will need it...

EDIT: you should go check you trunk hinges...looks like the trunk got the brute of the impact..wouldn't be surprised if the mounting points are ripped or torn.

idk about the trunk but the shop is a repair shop and they do the claims on the est price on cost and state farm recomends them so i should be good.. i told them the car better be just as good as b4 or its gonna keep coming back till so ill see what happens works suppose to start soon as part come in. i also said i better not get lx tail lights and trunk lights..

and when i said all the lens light up and that i wanted mine to still light and they better he just kind of said thos aint break lights i said i know but they better light up when its done.because they did b4

Last edited:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news....1800.00 in damage, plus what ever else they find on a car that books for 2000.00 -2500.00. Means they will likely total it. How many miles are on the car??? You are gonna have to haggle with them on price. Dont take their first offer!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....1800.00 in damage, plus what ever else they find on a car that books for 2000.00 -2500.00. Means they will likely total it. How many miles are on the car??? You are gonna have to haggle with them on price. Dont take their first offer!!!

116k and quite a few mods

ported blower 10% 3:73s custom cia a/c delete trans has been rebuilt and is much stronger and porb a few more things

Mods don't mean squat to the insurance companies. The only time it matters is if your car is insured as a collector car by someone like Haggerty. Then they go by appraised value and work from there. My father's 1929 Model "A" Roadster was hit by a dump truck and he has it insured as a specialty vehicle and they went by the appraised value of the car.
And if that isn't discouraging enough, State Farm is the insurance company of the idiot who rammed my 2003 Monte SS and dealing with them is the biggest nightmare I could ever imagine. The moron got a stack of tickets and the insurance company is trying to settle it under a "No-Fault" claim. They have done nothing but fight tooth and nail the whole way and it has come down to my insurance company filing suit to recoup the entire amount for damages and injuries incurred in the accident. Yeah, State Farm is awesome. :rolleyes::mad:

I got hit about a month and a half ago while stopped at a stop sign by a camero it messed up the camero pretty bad but did no damage to my car because how the The cover over the bumper bends in just a few dents on the bumper

just to let you know, I got a brand new oem FORD rear bumper in my garage, bought like 5 years ago, they don"t make them anymore you know. let me know if you want it. this one says "thunderbird sc".

Back