New SuperCoupe Owner

12v Wizard

Hello all! My name is Greg. I'm from Warren, MI, but I live in Toledo, OH for work. I've actually been signed up on here for over 6 months. I almost bought an Anniv. Ed. SC back in March but the buyer sold it before I could even get out to see it. I just picked up a '93 SuperCoupe automatic on Friday. Its super clean, absolutely no rust. Runs great and only needs a few things.

supercoupe2.jpg
supercoupe1.jpg

It basically just needs the suspension freshened up. The driver side upper ball joint is shot, so I'm going to replace both upper control arms. The suspension is really clunky and the "FIRM RIDE" light flashes on randomly, so I'm thinking something with the ERC is shot, or maybe it just needs new shocks. Also, the alarm goes off after 30 seconds if I power-lock the doors. I've done my research and that seems to be the trunk sensor.

Oh, and I'm not new to forced-induction Fords. I owned an '89 Merkur XR4Ti for a few years. This seemed like a logical upgrade from that. :)

very nice! we need more pics! that is a pretty clean car.. i like the sc's in white.. they dont show scratches or dents! lol. jsut ask the guy with the black 95. lolz :rolleyes:

very nice! we need more pics! that is a pretty clean car.. i like the sc's in white.. they dont show scratches or dents! lol. jsut ask the guy with the black 95. lolz :rolleyes:

I dunno, mine's got its share of dents and they're pretty obvious from 3' away. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to arrange a time/date with one of my photographer buddies to get some professional shots taken for free/cheap. I'll definitely post them up when they're done. :cool:

Back