Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: almost done with MY mpx on a stock motor

almost done with MY mpx on a stock motor

I'm so close I just have to talk about it...
    I'm shooting with high hopes for 300 rwhp hopefully on a dyno jet.
    It's real hard to find someone around jersey to tune this thing too, I may go to crazy horse up north or perhaps this place street legal performance around the corner from me.

Anyways just venting, just have to get the power steering back on the car, along witht he alternator and my aftermarket boost gauge.

I can't wait to fire it up tomorrow

interesting keep us informed ill watch this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnrada View Post
    I'm so close I just have to talk about it...
    I'm shooting with high hopes for 300 rwhp hopefully on a dyno jet.
    It's real hard to find someone around jersey to tune this thing too, I may go to crazy horse up north or perhaps this place street legal performance around the corner from me.

Anyways just venting, just have to get the power steering back on the car, along witht he alternator and my aftermarket boost gauge.

I can't wait to fire it up tomorrow
    How much are you overdriving it ?

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Wont happen!

15% overdrive i kinda just don't wanna blow it up, engine has 110k on it, but it does run very well. i may go up another 10% if i'm not happy, so we'll see how that works out.

hey john maybe we can get a discount at crazy horse if we both go, my brother says he wants his mustang dynoed also. I have my mpx overdriven at 25%.

15% overdrive i kinda just don't wanna blow it up, engine has 110k on it, but it does run very well. i may go up another 10% if i'm not happy, so we'll see how that works out.
    on a stock motor
    do you atleast have exhaust if not bye bye h/g's

And Why Not

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    Wont happen!
    What we don't see here is any other Mods you may already have.

I only question why not because I have a MPIII sitting on my stock motor and it pulled 284HP on a Mustang Dyno back in July, So with the right combo of parts it should be possible for 300 RWHP, we just don't know the extent of your mods, or at least I don't.

So yeah you could hit 300 but you will probably have to overdrive it more than that, I am driving my MPIII 25% and have been for a while.

Exhaust is a definite, plus bigger injectors, Fuel pump, a DIC at least, and a really good tune along with other items which shoudl help.

Smitty
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........11.175 @ 121.85 MPH
    462.54 rwhp, 461.42 tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

You better have "everything" then I would say you will definitely hit 300 on a stock engine. I think you better get a aluminum flywheel, lightweight clutch, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum underdrive pulleys, maybe the 10% more overdrive then you will for sure hit 300. Helps since you have a manual.

Then after all this work when you blow head gaskets on the dyno or shortly after you can build the motor and make 400 with the same external setup
    Me-89 SC 5-speed 1.7 Autorotor twin screw over 443rwhp 20psi
    Her-95 SC auto 1.7 KB 400rwhp 17psi
    my email

my mods are on my member page, i have headers even to overdo it a little, if it doesn't blow at 15% OD and I want more, I mean it is easy then aftera ll this work to toss on another 10% OD. I'll let everyone know what happens and I'll be yet another guinea pig on the MPx stock block craze. I have a feeling that with all of these people using mpx on a stock block, that the intake plenum after the lower IC pipe is what is restrictive next...SC has a wider mouth, inlet plenum has a wider mouth, so I may have to toy with that next. For now I'll let you know when I hit the dyno, and yes I would love to try to get a deal from crazy horse haha. I'd love to save some money finally...

Can you take some video of the dyno pulls?

I think your torque numbers will be excellent but I doubt you'll hit 300 RWHP. I say this based on recent tuning of my own car with Dave Dalke. I'll leave it at that for now, as I don't want to completely spoil the results of our upgrades in the next issue of Ford Builder.

I have a feeling that with all of these people using mpx on a stock block, that the intake plenum after the lower IC pipe is what is restrictive next...SC has a wider mouth, inlet plenum has a wider mouth, so I may have to toy with that next.
    The IC and tubes are the last of your worries. They are big enough to support over 400rwhp. The biggest problem is the high boost and associated temps that go along with it. Race fuel or alcohol injection are needed with 25% on a stock motor, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

I have 2500 miles on my "MPx on a stock long block" setup. Bought the long block off ebay for $201 . Some of you might remeber that ebay listing (30,000 miles on it.) Anyhow, it has seen 23lbs boost when the alky hits. It's running a tad rich with my 60lbers. I finally hit it with the juice (only 25 shot) to see if the system was working properly and it was noticeable. My dyno numbers weren't that good though due to my non locking TC, shifting into OD, and 10.5 A/F at WOT. Like Dalke says though, you need alky. My setup is very happy when the spray hits it. I removed my AC condensor and put a 14" pusher fan in front of the IC with a puller on the backside of the IC and after a long cruise with some WOT action the top of the IC is just warm to the touch (not hot). GL with your dyno.
    It's only impossible until we do it.

20-year SC owner - '93 SC AOD (non-locking TC). Same car, same original paint!
    Current setup: 12.550 @ 111.09, 1.917 60ft, No nitrous.

GoodLuck!

Just wanted to say GL at the dyno!!!!!! Maybe if possible I'd like to tag along to see how it goes! I'm like 45 Min. from ya!

Tom
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424