almost done with MY mpx on a stock motor

johnrada

I'm so close I just have to talk about it...
I'm shooting with high hopes for 300 rwhp hopefully on a dyno jet.
It's real hard to find someone around jersey to tune this thing too, I may go to crazy horse up north or perhaps this place street legal performance around the corner from me.

Anyways just venting, just have to get the power steering back on the car, along witht he alternator and my aftermarket boost gauge.

I can't wait to fire it up tomorrow :cool::D

I'm so close I just have to talk about it...
I'm shooting with high hopes for 300 rwhp hopefully on a dyno jet.
It's real hard to find someone around jersey to tune this thing too, I may go to crazy horse up north or perhaps this place street legal performance around the corner from me.

Anyways just venting, just have to get the power steering back on the car, along witht he alternator and my aftermarket boost gauge.

I can't wait to fire it up tomorrow :cool::D

How much are you overdriving it ?

David

15% overdrive i kinda just don't wanna blow it up, engine has 110k on it, but it does run very well. i may go up another 10% if i'm not happy, so we'll see how that works out.

hey john maybe we can get a discount at crazy horse if we both go, my brother says he wants his mustang dynoed also. I have my mpx overdriven at 25%.

15% overdrive i kinda just don't wanna blow it up, engine has 110k on it, but it does run very well. i may go up another 10% if i'm not happy, so we'll see how that works out.

on a stock motor :eek:
do you atleast have exhaust if not bye bye h/g's

And Why Not

Wont happen!

What we don't see here is any other Mods you may already have.

I only question why not because I have a MPIII sitting on my stock motor and it pulled 284HP on a Mustang Dyno back in July, So with the right combo of parts it should be possible for 300 RWHP, we just don't know the extent of your mods, or at least I don't.

So yeah you could hit 300 but you will probably have to overdrive it more than that, I am driving my MPIII 25% and have been for a while.

Exhaust is a definite, plus bigger injectors, Fuel pump, a DIC at least, and a really good tune along with other items which shoudl help.

Smitty

You better have "everything" then I would say you will definitely hit 300 on a stock engine. I think you better get a aluminum flywheel, lightweight clutch, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum underdrive pulleys, maybe the 10% more overdrive then you will for sure hit 300. Helps since you have a manual.

Then after all this work when you blow head gaskets on the dyno or shortly after you can build the motor and make 400 with the same external setup:)

my mods are on my member page, i have headers even to overdo it a little, if it doesn't blow at 15% OD and I want more, I mean it is easy then aftera ll this work to toss on another 10% OD. I'll let everyone know what happens and I'll be yet another guinea pig on the MPx stock block craze. I have a feeling that with all of these people using mpx on a stock block, that the intake plenum after the lower IC pipe is what is restrictive next...SC has a wider mouth, inlet plenum has a wider mouth, so I may have to toy with that next. For now I'll let you know when I hit the dyno, and yes I would love to try to get a deal from crazy horse haha. I'd love to save some money finally...:p

I think your torque numbers will be excellent but I doubt you'll hit 300 RWHP. I say this based on recent tuning of my own car with Dave Dalke. I'll leave it at that for now, as I don't want to completely spoil the results of our upgrades in the next issue of Ford Builder.

I have a feeling that with all of these people using mpx on a stock block, that the intake plenum after the lower IC pipe is what is restrictive next...SC has a wider mouth, inlet plenum has a wider mouth, so I may have to toy with that next.

The IC and tubes are the last of your worries. They are big enough to support over 400rwhp. The biggest problem is the high boost and associated temps that go along with it. Race fuel or alcohol injection are needed with 25% on a stock motor, IMO.

I have 2500 miles on my "MPx on a stock long block" setup. Bought the long block off ebay for $201 :D. Some of you might remeber that ebay listing (30,000 miles on it.) Anyhow, it has seen 23lbs boost when the alky hits. It's running a tad rich with my 60lbers. I finally hit it with the juice (only 25 shot) to see if the system was working properly and it was noticeable. My dyno numbers weren't that good though due to my non locking TC, shifting into OD, and 10.5 A/F at WOT. Like Dalke says though, you need alky. My setup is very happy when the spray hits it. I removed my AC condensor and put a 14" pusher fan in front of the IC with a puller on the backside of the IC and after a long cruise with some WOT action the top of the IC is just warm to the touch (not hot). GL with your dyno.

GoodLuck!

Just wanted to say GL at the dyno!!!!!! Maybe if possible I'd like to tag along to see how it goes! I'm like 45 Min. from ya!

Tom

i'm not looking for pro street rich numbers here (sorry to name drop) but i have some high hopes, i admit.

But today was a great day...being a novice wrencher along with my father we finally put the thing together, and i turned the key...

BANG (not a literal noise but that of excitement) it turned on and wow did it sound mean with open headers.

Turning the car back off we got up to the resonator on the car for now, and with just that the car still sounds real mean. idled great, chip works, no power steering whine, no more oil leak, no more jumpy motor (motor mounts) etc. Since the car is yet to be streetable until tomorrow, that's all i can say besides; that intake sounds nasty even around 3 lbs of boost. I really appreciate all the vendors that I have worked with so far, mainly victor at spinning wheels, bill at SCP, and our own xr7 dave dalke.

For now I still have to get the rest of the exhaust so i can drive to school, and then i'll throw my springs and sway bar on it. I'll keep everyone posted on to when I will be dyno'd and tuned, and surely you can come if you'd like to drive out here i'll keep ya posted.

-John

Congrats on getting it back together. It's a good feeling to be successful at something new to you.

Keep us posted.

got the exhaust on up to the resonator, took it for a spin.

feels like a very different car i love it. i didn't hook up the autometer gauge yet but it pins at 15 lbs. real easily of course. hearing that supercharger is amazing, either today or friday i'm going to take a run to a few performance shops and see if i can get a set date for dyno, but i think i may have a boost leak perhaps on my upper IC tube. It doesn't fit right with the double intercooler and the 1" raised top. I made it work for now but we will see.

it has an sct chip with a basic file i'm going to get it tuned very soon. i have yet to put the car under a heavy load and for being 19 it's so hard. :(

Back